3D-Pangel

Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

Zmotive    57
6 hours ago, Edouard said:

It's a good news, more support for ProRender is a good sign for the future of this renderer.

I agree. That is a really good sign that it's getting wide adoption. AMD has been kicking ass this year. It's about time (overdue really) but glad to see it.

Icecaveman    66
15 hours ago, Zmotive said:

I agree. That is a really good sign that it's getting wide adoption. AMD has been kicking ass this year. It's about time (overdue really) but glad to see it.

Yes. And yes!

3DKiwi    321

And even I agree. It's great that both C4D and Modo are getting Prorender. The more mainstream 3D applications using it the better for everyone. I'll wait until it's out and look at upgrading my graphics card once I see how other people are getting on using it and what GPU they are using to get good results. I reckon an 8gb card at least.

HSrdelic    655
3 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

I reckon an 8gb card at least.

I have a 6Gb card and it works pretty well here

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,273

I'm guessing my old little GTX650Ti with its slow and tired 2GB isn't going to do very well with PR then ? :(

Icecaveman    66
8 hours ago, Cerbera said:

I'm guessing my old little GTX650Ti with its slow and tired 2GB isn't going to do very well with PR then ? :(

Probably not much use for production GPU rendering. I'd look at getting a Nvidia 1070. If you can splurge 1080 or 1080TI.

GTX650Ti = 768 CUDA count

1070 = 1920 CUDA count

1080TI = 3584 CUDA count

I'd recommend used cards, but BitMiners are driving up prices.

• Namaste 1

ArtVenture    3

Why render in ProRender when it appears I could just get something pretty out of the enhanced viewport ::):

lopakam    41

Just curious, how many times have you all clicked refresh on your email today?  My wrist hurts.

Mark

Simmy    56

I started like that then realised I could log into MAXON Eportfolio and there it all was. Download link and serials ready to go....no email yet though

lopakam    41

Sadly, I found out that MAXON does not have Eportfolio in the US:(  I guess it does not matter for me now, I'll be in a meeting for the reminder of the day.  However, this will not preclude me from checking my email on my phone during the meeting!

Mark

Cerbera    1,273
3 hours ago, lopakam said:

Just curious, how many times have you all clicked refresh on your email today?  My wrist hurts.

Ha - none at all - didn't even know today was release day ! Is it ? (runs to check e-portfolio)...

Oh yes it is ! Thanks for the heads up ! :)

We should remind @Igor there are new things to be added to the C4D version options...

CBR

Cerbera    1,273

Is anyone else getting the following error when they try to run R19 ?

Installation error.
Cinema 4d version 17.016 does not match Resource folder version (19.024)
PLease reinstall Cinema correctly!

When I ran the setup, for some reason the default path was to the R17 directory that already existed, so I changed that to make a new R19 folder, and then the above happened...

Edit: Always check there isn't already a .res file (or any other previous installation files) in the folder you extract the zip to ;) So that was me being a plonker. All working now :)

CBR