3D-Pangel

Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

Visionnext    71

I think we have to wait and see. I really would love to see a feature roadmap for Cinema 4D, but I fear that will never happen.

ajHaines    0

-Multithreaded! If you do nothing else all year at least do this and I will upgrade!!!! C4D is painfully slow.

-Atom Array has an edge/point selection input.

-Set Polygon Position in Xpresso.

-Better integration with Vertex maps across C4D. They are so powerful!

-Ability to add attributes to points and polys similar to houdini. Color, custom attributes, etc. Also very powerful.

-Option for bend deformer to bend equally in both directions(+Y and -Y). Or at least an easy “Flip” button.

3DKiwi    321
7 hours ago, Visionnext said:

I think we have to wait and see. I really would love to see a feature roadmap for Cinema 4D, but I fear that will never happen.

No chance. MAXON didn't even tell their Beta Testers what the roadmap was so there's zero chance that the public would be told. I actually agree with that policy. Software development has a habit of taking longer than originally planned. They have however said that they are working on Bodypaint and a new core.

Don't expect any performance enhancements in R19 apart from GPU rendering via AMD Prorender and maybe some LOD viewport stuff.

everfresh    174
7 hours ago, ajHaines said:

-Option for bend deformer to bend equally in both directions(+Y and -Y). Or at least an easy “Flip” button.

set mode to unlimited and it will bend in both directions.

luchifer    34
2 hours ago, 3DKiwi said:

No chance. MAXON didn't even tell their Beta Testers what the roadmap was so there's zero chance that the public would be told. I actually agree with that policy. Software development has a habit of taking longer than originally planned. They have however said that they are working on Bodypaint and a new core.

Don't expect any performance enhancements in R19 apart from GPU rendering via AMD Prorender and maybe some LOD viewport stuff.

I also agree with no roadmap policy.. Everytime I heard people asking about roadmap, I just ask myself "ohh a roadmap like Project Excalibur?"

Free GPU render is the coolest upgrade from MAXON in a very long time.  If it can cut my renders in half, its a godsend. Besides, paid GPU renders cost an average of ~ $500, so upgrading my MSA is money well invested. Lets hope they can add proper support along the year.

Zmotive    57

Anyone know if ProRender's live viewport works with particle systems like XP? Guessing not but that would be cool to have some ability to spawn a big particle system to certain points and have Pro Render just smack-foo the still frames at any given point so you can preview looks. 

Roadmaps: no reason that MAXON can't provide a general insight without giving away actual feature implementations or over-promising.

R X: support for industry-standard XYZ

R X+1: enhanced UV workflow

R X+2: enhanced sculpting toolset

etc

As for R19 maybe in addition to ProRender and BodyPaint enhancements we get further enhancements to the existing modeling tools and existing dynamics tags. Stuff lots of people use but aren't flashy per se. Maybe further MoGraph capabilities.

spiralstair    29
On 02/06/2017 at 0:15 PM, Cerbera said:

And has a render pause button, like I've been asking for every year, for the last 7 years 

There was supposed to be a render pause in the new 3.5 for c4d - it's there in max/maya etx. But something about the c4d architecture apparently made it difficult to impliment.

ive not tried it - but I understand that the basic concept would require a lot more hard disk space (than a final rendered image) particularly if in progressive mode - to store the temp render data. 

luchifer    34
On 6/16/2017 at 7:38 PM, Zmotive said:

R X: support for industry-standard XYZ

R X+1: enhanced UV workflow

R X+2: enhanced sculpting toolset

etc

As for R19 maybe in addition to ProRender and BodyPaint enhancements we get further enhancements to the existing modeling tools and existing dynamics tags. Stuff lots of people use but aren't flashy per se. Maybe further MoGraph capabilities.

Have you seen the latest MASH tutorials for Maya? They kept repeating lies about Cinema 4D "Cinema cant do that, this is impossible to do in Cinema 4D, etc, etc"

Imagine what they would do with a roadmap.

3DKiwi    321

I would expect to see a some modest MoGraph enhancements in R19 e.g. one or two current effectors enhanced.

Zmotive    57
6 hours ago, luchifer said:

Have you seen the latest MASH tutorials for Maya? They kept repeating lies about Cinema 4D "Cinema cant do that, this is impossible to do in Cinema 4D, etc, etc"

Imagine what they would do with a roadmap.

Not entirely sure I follow your logic there, friend but either way I couldn't care less what people on Maya forums / tutorial sites say about C4D. Not relevant to what I do. :)

luchifer    34
1 hour ago, Zmotive said:

Not entirely sure I follow your logic there, friend but either way I couldn't care less what people on Maya forums / tutorial sites say about C4D. Not relevant to what I do. :)

Because im not talking about people in forums, im talking about official tutorials from Autodesk Maya Learning Channel, like this one:

As a user im deeply offended by the constant mentioning of C4D, and also saddened because the author seems to know C4D yet she says certain things aren't possible, but in fact are doable. Especially since GSG and others have done a series of tutorial about the very same topic, with tools we had way before MASH.

Marketing wise, this shows a constant trend since the adquisition of MASH, they are not only aiming at MAXON Mograph users, they also try to make believe our software has a lot of limitations (wich would be true if they were talking about native fluids). Lucky for us, because we already know a little of our own roadmap, with AMD pro render we will be able to punch them back with some nice demos that doesn't take forever to render... like, you know..  Arnold.  But, who knows what they have under their sleeve.

edit... also, I have to add, voxels or not, that is a horrible viewport performance. Cloner + push apart modifier dont take that long either to make them or to playback the result.

Cerbera    1,273
34 minutes ago, luchifer said:

Because im not talking about people in forums, im talking about official tutorials from Autodesk Maya Learning Channel, like this one:

As a user im deeply offended by the constant mentioning of C4D, and also saddened because the author seems to know C4D yet she says certain things aren't possible, but in fact are doable. Especially since GSG and others have done a series of tutorial about the very same topic, with tools we had way before MASH.

I think he's constantly mentioning C4D because the video series is for Maya users coming from C4D so he is probably primed to try and convince those people they've done the right thing. Fortunately, people are free to call out the erroneous C4D-bashing in the comments, and a few already have...

• Like 1