Cinema 4D R19 discussion!

2 hours ago, luchifer said:

Because im not talking about people in forums, im talking about official tutorials from Autodesk Maya Learning Channel, like this one:

As a user im deeply offended by the constant mentioning of C4D, and also saddened because the author seems to know C4D yet she says certain things aren't possible, but in fact are doable. Especially since GSG and others have done a series of tutorial about the very same topic, with tools we had way before MASH.

Marketing wise, this shows a constant trend since the adquisition of MASH, they are not only aiming at MAXON Mograph users, they also try to make believe our software has a lot of limitations (wich would be true if they were talking about native fluids). Lucky for us, because we already know a little of our own roadmap, with AMD pro render we will be able to punch them back with some nice demos that doesn't take forever to render... like, you know..  Arnold.  But, who knows what they have under their sleeve.

edit... also, I have to add, voxels or not, that is a horrible viewport performance. Cloner + push apart modifier dont take that long either to make them or to playback the result.

OK I understand now what you mean. Yes that's pretty unethical that someone would do that. And no it wouldn't be beyond today's business "ethics" for software companies to pull a fast one on people like that in order to keep them away from a competitor. Sad but it's the world we live in.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

CINEMA 4Ds SDK (Software Development Kit) is changing constantly. This has to be done to reflect new functionality and changes under the hood. While we try to keep the SDK as stable as possible, from

That was the original intent of the first post on this thread.  Can anyone point out where the core is in action on past releases up to and including R18.  I was hoping Fritz would be able to elaborat

I remember people complaining before R18, saying it would bring minor updates.. and we got an enhanced knife tool plus fracture and some other goodies. The "handful of random updates" I got every year

Posted Images

It would be nice to see MAXON kick back at Maya with some updated character animation tools, view port 2.0 like performance, and visuals.  Updated hair system, and easier to setup Mocap and facial rigging with a skin deformer. A updated muscle system with self collision.  Dare I say automated JCM for Correctional deformation.  

For Pro render to compete with Arnold its got a way to go, it may be faster but there is little out there that can compare to its SSS methods, only Vray because it has the ALsurface now.  If MAXON can get the hair to render as fast in pro renderer with self shadows, and look better than the Standard renderer id be impressed, but to get my attention id need to see a good skin shader, or implement ALSurface, then its got my attention.  There are many render engines out there that can produce nice shiny cars.

Dan

10 hours ago, Rectro said:

It would be nice to see MAXON kick back at Maya with some updated character animation tools, view port 2.0 like performance, and visuals. ...

Sadly, MAXON seems not interested in high-end character features for now.

10 hours ago, Rectro said:

It would be nice to see MAXON kick back at Maya with some updated character animation tools, view port 2.0 like performance, and visuals.  Updated hair system, and easier to setup Mocap and facial rigging with a skin deformer. A updated muscle system with self collision.  Dare I say automated JCM for Correctional deformation.  

For Pro render to compete with Arnold its got a way to go, it may be faster but there is little out there that can compare to its SSS methods, only Vray because it has the ALsurface now.  If MAXON can get the hair to render as fast in pro renderer with self shadows, and look better than the Standard renderer id be impressed, but to get my attention id need to see a good skin shader, or implement ALSurface, then its got my attention.  There are many render engines out there that can produce nice shiny cars.

Dan

I only can second this. It's a real pity that MAXON doesn't address it any longer. They made an update in the past with templates, but then any advancement stopped so far.

I would be willing to bet that advanced character animation will come when they finally get everything moved over to the new core. Once they get the performance issues settled, they'll be able to focus more on this sort of stuff.

5 minutes ago, Greatszalam said:

I would be willing to bet that advanced character animation will come when they finally get everything moved over to the new core. Once they get the performance issues settled, they'll be able to focus more on this sort of stuff.

Id be quite happy if I knew  MAXON had this in their road map all the while they bring the Modelling and Uv tools up to MODO standards.  Id rather drop MODO all together but as things stand there is no chance of that.  Id like to see at least one area dealt with for my $650 investment.  Modeling, Uvs, Retopology, Better Mocap support with character tool ik/fk blending.  Unfortunately while I really like C4D overal, MAXON have me by my nuts when it comes to their MSA as there is zero financial gain by missing a upgrade.  They need to start being more open, and address the fact that its users want to know what they are investing in, im just starting to get a little un easy as Im not seeing much, or hearing anything that makes me feel r19 is going to offer me anything of interest.  There is no other choices as far as I am concerned, but thats how Im feeling now along with other things that are going on in my life., they need to give me some glimmer of hope.

Dan

3 minutes ago, Rectro said:

im just starting to get a little un easy as Im not seeing much, or hearing anything that makes me feel r19 is going to offer me anything of interest.

That's because all you are hearing is speculation. Other than the small demos of ProRenderer, we haven't really heard anything official from MAXON. I am withholding judgment until MAXON officially says what's coming in the next version. Speculation is fun sometimes, but it's not the same as knowing anything. Siggraph is coming up in a little over a month; we should know some stuff then.

1 minute ago, Greatszalam said:

That's because all you are hearing is speculation. Other than the small demos of ProRenderer, we haven't really heard anything official from MAXON. I am withholding judgment until MAXON officially says what's coming in the next version. Speculation is fun sometimes, but it's not the same as knowing anything. Siggraph is coming up in a little over a month; we should know some stuff then.

Yea your right, just speculation, we will see in due course.  I didnt think Siggraph was until Sep, right at the time when its due for release?

Dan

Just now, Greatszalam said:

Siggraph starts 30 July. MAXON usually releases the next version of C4D towards the end of September. With how great R18 was feature-wise, I'm super excited for Siggraph this year.

Ohh right, I must be getting my dates mixed up, Sigggraph is a good time all round, am also looking forward to see what a few other peices of software will bring including Marvellous Designer 7.

Dan

3 hours ago, luchifer said:

Side question, does Modo has Non Linear Animation or an equivalent to X-particles or TFD? I love most C4D tools but, doesnt hurt to try new software while I wait for Siggraph.

Re Modo. NLA - no. X-Particles - no but it does have a particle system that's similar to Thinking Particles but easier to set up and use. TFD - what's that?

If animation is what you're into then Modo isn't what you're looking for although basic animation is just as good as anything else. It's great for modelling and UVing.

Re R19. If GPU rendering is what you've been waiting for then you'll love R19. If it's not and you were waiting for more modelling or UV tool enhancements then you're going to be disappointed. Expect AMD Prorender, some modest MoGraph enhancements, updated importers / exporters, very minor UV tool enhancements, handful of other minor enhancements. There will be some under the hood stuff but nothing to get excited about.

• Hrvoje unfeatured this topic
  • Hrvoje unpinned this topic