Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

MiKo

Polystein Kit for Cinema 4D

C4DS    118
On 7/26/2017 at 8:46 AM, MichaelKay said:

while c4d has......ehm..

I found this comment quite offending when it was posted. And I still do.
Something might have been lost in translation, but as I had made clear I was working on this plugin I would have expected cheering ... instead of bitching.
People seem to expect things to be done for them immediately these days. Not appreciating all the time and effort it takes ... ehm!

Well, for those who do appreciate ... here's a short video demonstrating the first beta.

While basic features are implemented I would prefer to polish quite some things before release.

After finalizing the script concept, I contacted William Vaughan (author of the original Polystein Kit for MODO) in order to obtain authorization for making this plugin based on his idea. While there was legally no need to obtain his permission, I found it only logical to at least let the man know about my intentions.

However, my implementation of the plugin is only inspired from the idea, and hence might not provide the same features available in his or others version of the plugin.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2

sepo    0

Brilliant...Any limitation on kit models?

Visionnext    64
On 8/2/2017 at 8:37 PM, C4DS said:

While basic features are implemented I would prefer to polish quite some things before release.

After finalizing the script concept, I contacted William Vaughan (author of the original Polystein Kit for MODO) in order to obtain authorization for making this plugin based on his idea. While there was legally no need to obtain his permission, I found it only logical to at least let the man know about my intentions.

However, my implementation of the plugin is only inspired from the idea, and hence might not provide the same features available in his or others version of the plugin.

I really love it that you started to write this plugin. This can be very useful.

I also like your move to contact the author of Polystein. Maybe he has some helpful ideas or even interest in bringing Polystein over to Cinema 4D.

I think it would be nice to be able to add own meshes to the library. I like the concept of building a mesh from sub-meshes.

Great work so far!

C4DS    118

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
I haven't been active in this thread anymore since I started one more applicable to the context of plugin development, here:

https://www.c4dcafe.com/ipb/forums/topic/99471-polygnome/

Beta testers have received the almost final version of the plugin. While waiting on their evaluation and feedback, I am finalizing some minor things to get the plugin ready for its release. More information (and beta progress) available in the above PolyGnome development thread.