• “Great art picks up where nature ends.”  Marc Chagall 

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

climbingair

Camera view distance question

• Topic Author
  • I often work with relatively small objects about the size of a 250mm cube. When I switch to one of the top, bottom, or side views, then switch back to perspective, the view automatically adjusts to fit the entire scene. So then I have to zoom all the way back in. Once in a while this isn't a big deal, but over and over, it's really annoying. 

Any way to change that?

Im fairly sure my viewports stay where I left them, and didn't know they could behave any other way !

In preferences, navigation, do you have 'synchronize views' ticked ?

CBR

I havent got Sync Orthographic views ticked, but even if it was my perspective view port stays just where I left it even if looking through a camera added to the scene or not.

Dan

Looks like it's one for MAXON then...

What version of 18 is this ?

OK, well as we can't replicate the problem, then I suspect MAXON are the only people who can help...

2 hours ago, climbingair said:

...the view automatically adjusts to fit the entire scene. So then I have to zoom all the way back in. Once in a while this isn't a big deal, but over and over, it's really annoying. 

Any way to change that?

Use a camera.

• Topic Author
  • I am using cameras. For setting up the renders. But for tumbling around the viewport to arrange lighting and objects, I'm not. Should I be? Is that what you are suggesting?

1 hour ago, climbingair said:

I am using cameras. For setting up the renders. But for tumbling around the viewport to arrange lighting and objects, I'm not. Should I be? Is that what you are suggesting?

Thats correct you dont need to be using a camera to doing your general tasks, and even if you did, it should still not alter the perspective view when switching between other view ports unless your using the same camera.  Can you do a quick screen recording so we can see it happen?

Dan

• Topic Author
  • Screen recording attached. Sorry for the low resolution. It was the only way I could get it small enough to attach.

I've made a section for the different view options in the "V" menu. I'm coming from modo so I'm used to having the different views mapped to a pie menu. I've tried to recreate that. 

Thanks for the help everyone!

C4D_Navigation_Issue_480.mov

Latest Topics

Latest Comments

About Us

C4D Cafe is the largest Cinema 4D community. We provide facilities for discussion, showcasing and learning our favourite software.
    Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, watch tutorials directly from our video gallery,  get your own private messenger, post and upload images, manage your profile and much more. If you need to find solution to your problem or otherwise ask for help, C4D Cafe is the right place to be for learning 3D.  :cowboypistol: