Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

JimmyBreuer    7

Hi guys,

This might be a dumb question, but I cant find a solution..:

working on my new game model I faced a problem which I couldnt fix.

As you can see on the screenshots I want a smooth sharp edge, but when I bevel the edges for the high poly, the bevel creates an undesirable result (2. 3. photo)

Now when I remove the edge which creates this pole, the high poly turns out smooth and good looking but I have a N-gon there which I dont want since I want to improve my topolgy skills..

Really dont know how to fix the N-gon without creating this certain pole..

thanks in advance :)

Luis

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

Igor    459

Why not simply connect them with the Slide or Weld tool? 

Upload that model and I will record a tutorial for you.  :)

JimmyBreuer    7
22 minutes ago, SIgor said:

Why not simply connect them with the Slide or Weld tool? 

Upload that model and I will record a tutorial for you.  :)

ok I uploaded it as fbx 

Already thank you very much! :)

testq.FBX

Cerbera    1,120

The reason that this isn't sharp is because there is no supporting edge loop on the right hand side to shore up the transition from the straight area to the curve. Also when you bevel you must also bevel the edges that run from the junctions, which is how you avoid that ngon problem. You actually need to bevel all 4 of the edges you have circled at the same time, if you're doing it that way.

Here's how I'd do it... with no bevels at all, just a few well placed control cuts...

59484f5778bc7_curvecorner.thumb.jpg.d8f6b26cf7919d52fba94a06f1752b4a.jpg

CBR

bezo    409

When you bevel edges, use "Uniform" mitering in Topology tab instead of "Default"

Igor    459

Videos are rendering and uploading. There will be two parts because YT dont allow me to have videos that long (almost 30min).

Results are in the attachment.

gunSmootIgorV1.c4d

Igor    459

Here you go, I somehow managed to upload the whole video, so here you go...

Sorry for the keyboard sound, I have a mehanichal keyboard but I am going to buy a new one today or tomorrow.

JimmyBreuer    7
2 hours ago, SIgor said:

Here you go, I somehow managed to upload the whole video, so here you go...

Sorry for the keyboard sound, I have a mehanichal keyboard but I am going to buy a new one today or tomorrow.

SIigor thank you so much for the video! Really appreciate the effort you put into this..! It fixed the problem all the way, and I Learned even more from it rearding topology and fixing geometry :)

If you still wondering, this is the reference gun I am trying to model these days, this is like the front part :)

Thanks man! 

ps: I didn't notice the keyboard watching the video, and I watched it before I read this :D

6.PNG

And ofcourse, thanks to the other guys helping me and replied on the topic! :)

Igor    459

I think I should change my name to Igor, not sure why everyone still calls mi SIgor! :D

Glad I was able to help. Here is my gun...

RSRevolver_postpro.jpg

JimmyBreuer    7
1 hour ago, SIgor said:

I think I should change my name to Igor, not sure why everyone still calls mi SIgor! :D

Glad I was able to help. Here is my gun...

RSRevolver_postpro.jpg

Hah I Knew I was wrong with it, cause you already mentioned it on a video some months ago, but I wasnt sure anymore :D

Really nice looking gun..! I ofcourse will share my endresult later on the wip's forum :)

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,120
2 hours ago, SIgor said:

Igor, not sure why everyone still calls mi SIgor! :D

In countries where English is the first language, everyone is taught at school to write and abbreviate names like so; If my name was Charles Smith, I would most likely sign up to forums as CSmith, or CharlesS, but would never do so as SCharles or SmithC, which seems backwards to English speakers.

I assume this defaults to the other way round in Croatia, hence the confusion - everyone from a country that does it the other way assumes your first name begins with S, and that your surname is Igor, or that Sigor is your first name ! :) 

I suppose neither way is right or wrong, but that'll be why it happens so often...

CBR

• Like 2

Igor    459
23 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

I assume this defaults to the other way round in Croatia, hence the confusion - everyone from a country that does it the other way assumes your first name begins with S, and that your surname is Igor, or that Sigor is your first name ! :) 

Ok, good points, thanks for an explanation! :999:

• Like 1