Hi guys

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off.

Cheers,
Cafe Staff 

Thought I'd create a new topic for this project for once. I did this sculpt last year as my first Zbrush head sculpture but was never satisfied with the final render.
So after moving to a new village and inbetween painting walls and renovating the house I decided to pick up that project to get a more realistic result.. though probably not as realistic as Rectro's females ;) The head I made didn't have good proportions so I hope I did a better job with this one, not really using a lot of reference pics... yeah I know, I should :)

Anyway, I'm planning to give him a cap and outfit like in the Peaky Blinders show I think. So far made with Cinema 4D, Zbrush, Substance Painter and this render with Marmoset Toolbag.
Texture is half hand painted and half my fathers face :P

MarmosetTestRender1.jpg

• Like 4

teknow    256

Superb, photorealistic work! And you have done other similarly superb stuff.

VECTOR    268
47 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Thought I'd create a new topic for this project for once. I did this sculpt last year as my first Zbrush head sculpture but was never satisfied with the final render.
So after moving to a new village and inbetween painting walls and renovating the house I decided to pick up that project to get a more realistic result.. though probably not as realistic as Rectro's females ;) The head I made didn't have good proportions so I hope I did a better job with this one, not really using a lot of reference pics... yeah I know, I should :)

Anyway, I'm planning to give him a cap and outfit like in the Peaky Blinders show I think. So far made with Cinema 4D, Zbrush, Substance Painter and this render with Marmoset Toolbag.
Texture is half hand painted and half my fathers face :P

MarmosetTestRender1.jpg

Lovely :D

• Like 1

Anthony Owen    19

Nice job of modeling! Plan any SSS?

13 minutes ago, Anthony Owen said:

Nice job of modeling! Plan any SSS?

Thanks everyone!  SSS is already applied. It can be seen slightly around the ear and nose. But it's not really noticible with this lightin setup.

Pfew, think I must have created 5 sets of eyes and altered the mesh a couple of times but I think I've got them good enough for the final look. So hard to get a convincing set of eyes but for the second time doing this I think I can be a little bit proud.

I think I've also need to alter the different regions of specularity on the face, especially the lips doesn't look ok at the moment.

EyeTest.jpg

Anthony Owen    19

This is really good. Is hair the next step or is this gentleman a smallpox survivor?::):

Visionnext    53

Really good work with the skin. There is some room for improvement with the eyes. They look very young and clear.

The rest is simply excellent!

18 hours ago, Anthony Owen said:

This is really good. Is hair the next step or is this gentleman a smallpox survivor?::):

Thank you! Ha, there will definitely be some tuffts of hair coming from underneath his cap and ofcourse the eyebrows and eyelashes.

1 hour ago, Visionnext said:

Really good work with the skin. There is some room for improvement with the eyes. They look very young and clear.

The rest is simply excellent!

Thanks for the tips, although I have already made some nice changes since this picture, I will for sure check out some eyes of old people to see what the difference is!

EDIT: Got it, made them more bloodshot and murky, also dialed down the normal map for the iris which made the eye look sharp. Thanks again for noticing.

Had some fun fine tuning the eye texture and some quick tests with fibermesh export and lighting. Don't know if the final pose of the eyes will be pointed towords the camera but thought it looked nice for now. Also the hair will look different in the final render since it'll be under a overseas cap. 

Oh and I've also gone from the 1800's look to a WWII veteran in his ceremonial outfit which I'm creating at the moment. Stay tuned :D

screenshot000.jpg

Anthony Owen    19

A really nice project, congratulations. How did you produce the maps?