Rendercore Lab

Simmy    54

Awesome work. I am not sure if already mentioned but what is the end goal with this? Full character mode? Animation? or just some fun modelling/sculpting practise?

PrivatePolygon    88
  • Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, Rectro said:

Yup, but you can push it more.  I find looking up at the lips from under the chin you should see  curvature of the lips with the lower lips being over hung by the upper lips.  The node not only aids in adding the extra shadow at the corner of the lips, but it contributes to the 3/4 angle of the silhouette as does the Zygomatic bone for the cheek..  Good thing in Zbrush you can use the flat matt to get a quick silhouette, and use the blur to read shadows which helps a huge amount.  Adding a slight M shape to the upper lips would also break the streight upper lip.  If you need any examples I can post them or send you some images via PM.

Dan

Thanks a lot! I think I got it right now, or as right as possible at the moment ^^.
    I don't want to change the mesh to mush since I probably mess up the bake and the textures but the mouth looks a lot better. What a few brush strokes can do to make something look much better.

4 hours ago, Visionnext said:

Great progress! I really love this old man.

Thank you! He loves you too ha ha.

1 hour ago, Simmy said:

Awesome work. I am not sure if already mentioned but what is the end goal with this? Full character mode? Animation? or just some fun modelling/sculpting practise?

He thanks a lot! Don't think I mentioned it but it began with my first human head sculpt last year which I was very proud of back then but feeling ashamed of it right now when looking back at it, I even took the article of my website haha. Look here 

It's the same head as back then but I completely remodelled and sculpted it.

Anyway it's basically practice and work for my portfolio in the hope that some company here might give me a job someday.
    It will not be a full character but only his upper body/torso.

Rectro    536
    6 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Don't think I mentioned it but it began with my first human head sculpt last year which I was very proud of back then but feeling ashamed of it right now when looking back at it

Dont be ashamed, be very happy and proud, as if you can look back and think how bad old work looks to your current work, your progressing, and thats a very good thing.

Dan

• Like 1

Simmy    54

I know what you mean about looks back at older work but certainly don't be ashamed. For a start the older version is still really good and I would be proud of it if it was mine but also its kinda fulfilling seeing your own progress when looking at older pieces, its the only way to move forward with this stuff.

• Like 1

VECTOR    392

nice man i feel like after this one you need to do a fatty :D

PrivatePolygon    88
  • Topic Author
  • 23 hours ago, VECTOR said:

nice man i feel like after this one you need to do a fatty :D

Ha,I'll leave the fatty's up to you :p

VECTOR    392

ha! well he's nearly finished thankfully they're alot more work ;)

PrivatePolygon    88
  • Topic Author
  • On 11-8-2017 at 5:53 PM, VECTOR said:

ha! well he's nearly finished thankfully they're alot more work ;)

Yeah he's coming along really nice! Any plans on presentation or pose?

VECTOR    392
    32 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Yeah he's coming along really nice! Any plans on presentation or pose?

not sure yet man id love to have him sat at his computer in an office with a ton of just food and on his desk, but i'll probably just do a simple pose, maybe make a brief case or something for him