PBR Renderer
PBR Renderer
hvanderwegen

AMD Threadripper: Cinebench R15 results

16 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Cutman said:

I find AdoredTV one of the best Tech channels, his video are always extremely well researched and free from bias. He does play fairly and calls a spade a spade.

No kidding, I watched the whole video without realizing that 23 minutes passed by

On 7/14/2017 at 11:30 PM, littlepony said:

@Zmotive come on man, both of AMD processors outperformed intel's flagship processors and they are both cheaper. So why the disappointed look? Did you design a better processor than the threadripper at your basement

Name it coreripper if you did :'D

Obama is not looking sad in that photo - it is an "I am pretty impressed" facial expression. Not everyone is as adept at reading facial expressions, and that one can be confused with "I am sad/disappointed".

It really is quite an interesting field of research. Women are generally better at reading expressions, I believe I read somewhere.

Thing though is, nowadays more and more (younger) people are getting worse at reading facial expressions and body language - due to internet and cell phones. Emoticons/emoji are very shallow replacements.

-----

Back on topic: Intel is getting trounced in other areas as well. It has been confirmed that the new Intel i9 has SEVERE overheating issues:

Again, I recommend reading the full story, but the bottom line is this: Even at 160W, Skylake-X can’t run a high-end air cooler like the Noctua DH-15 for more than a few minutes before it begins to throttle. At least a decent CLLC (closed loop liquid cooler) is required, and a top-end system is mandatory for full performance. These settings, however, do not push temperatures on the VRMs or other components all that high. Keep in mind, no overclocking is being done in either of these cases.

You read that right: even with a high-end air cooler the CPU will be throttled after a few minutes.

It basically means it is worthless for 3d rendering at anything beyond a couple of minutes, unless you invest heavily in a costly high-end water cooled system.

Read up on the story here:
https://www.extremetech.com/computin...xs-design-well

And all because Intel decided to scrape the bottom in favour of profits. Intel is looking pretty bad at this point, while AMD is looking better and better.

On ‎7‎/‎15‎/‎2017 at 1:30 AM, littlepony said:

@Zmotive come on man, both of AMD processors outperformed intel's flagship processors and they are both cheaper. So why the disappointed look?

I didn't see that as a disappointed look. It's a "hmmmm, not baaaaaaaad" kind of look. It might be regional, but it's usually accompanied by a head nod. It's actually more impressed than anything.

19 hours ago, Greatszalam said:

I didn't see that as a disappointed look. It's a "hmmmm, not baaaaaaaad" kind of look. It might be regional, but it's usually accompanied by a head nod. It's actually more impressed than anything.

Hmm, I see. Here at Dream Valley we keep our expressions simple so that less intelligent people like me don't  get the wrong idea XD