Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

Sign in to follow this  
katm

Collider Body not working

katm    0

I have a MogGraph text with a Softbody tag attached placed under a subdivision surface that I am trying to clone and emit. 

Cloner is set to Object with object being Emitter. Softbody Collision tag is apply tag to children, individual elements set to top level. 

I worked on this file earlier and the softbodies were colliding with the collider bodies in the Render View but not when I actually started to Render to Picture Viewer.  Now the softbodies are not even colliding in the Render View anymore and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions.

Many Thanks. 

falling bodies .c4d

3DKiwi    293

At a quick glance it looks like you have Soft Bodies set to "Made of Clones" when it should be set to "Made of Polygons / Lines". This seems to work but viewport speed will be really slow.

katm    0

Thank you for your reply! Unfortunately, I set Softbodies to Polygons/lines but nothing seemed to change after that. Perhaps it is some idiosyncrasy with trying to use softbodies within a cloner, or my deficient computer.  :/

3DKiwi    293

Suggest you lighten up your scene and do some experimenting with settings e.g. less particles and Subdivision surfaces disabled. Pretty sure you should be using polygons if you want the text to deform. When you use the clone option each clone is rigid but the connection with other clones is soft like a spring effect. Best used when you have a grid of clones and want to deform the overall shape.