Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Kima    0

Im trying to render a project and Im getting all sorts of weird artefacts.   I have an infinite light with raytraced shadows and the angles keyframed.  And I had a camera move.  But in the render the shadows  flicker and jumps positions instead of moving slowly like it does in the perspective view.   Also in the render settings in save>options  should the kfps and keyframe every ()    be set to the same fps as my project?  

Please see short video attached of the shadow issue

RENDER FLICKERv1.mp4

Cerbera    1,202
4 hours ago, Kima said:

Also in the render settings in save>options  should the kfps and keyframe every ()    be set to the same fps as my project?  

You shouldn't ever be rendering direct to video, so this doesn't apply in C4D. Always render to a still image sequence so that if anything goes wrong in the render you don't have to start again. It does apply in whichever post program you're using to comp the video though. 'Keyframe every' is usually set to the frame rate of the source video. The Kfps is to do with the quality and file size of your final output, so set that according to the final destination of your media.

There's lots of information about video encoding online - perhaps a few YouTube vids on video optimisation / compression would help you.

I can't even begin to answer your main question without the scene file.

CBR

Kima    0
  • Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, Cerbera said:

You shouldn't ever be rendering direct to video, so this doesn't apply in C4D. Always render to a still image sequence so that if anything goes wrong in the render you don't have to start again. It does apply in whichever post program you're using to comp the video though. 'Keyframe every' is usually set to the frame rate of the source video. The Kfps is to do with the quality and file size of your final output, so set that according to the final destination of your media.

There's lots of information about video encoding online - perhaps a few YouTube vids on video optimisation / compression would help you.

I can't even begin to answer your main question without the scene file.

CBR

Hi, can you not all me anything at all about what could possibly be causing the issue by looking at the video I attached?   I dont think its a good idea to upload my clients files online.

Cerbera    1,202
    5 minutes ago, Kima said:

Hi, can you not all me anything at all about what could possibly be causing the issue by looking at the video I attached?

No, that doesn't show me any of your settings. That's like getting an electrician round, and making him diagnose a problem without letting him in the house ;)

danijelk    23

If you used GI with IR as primary method, you will probably get those kind of artifacts in animation. For flicker free animation use QMC as primary method, and for example Light Mapping as secondary, or Radiosity Maps.

Kima    0
  • Topic Author
  • 41 minutes ago, danijelk said:

If you used GI with IR as primary method, you will probably get those kind of artifacts in animation. For flicker free animation use QMC as primary method, and for example Light Mapping as secondary, or Radiosity Maps.

Ok Im a newbie so Im not sure what you're saying.  I know what GI is and Im not using that.  But the other stuff I have no clue.   IR ?  QMC?   Light mapping?    Radiosity maps?        Soz but no idea.