smenegozzi

Symmetry not working for Weight Tool

I imagine it's something obvious I'm missing, but I can't get the Weight Tool's symmetry to work.  When Symmetry is turned on, it acknowledges the weighting on the opposite side, as in the picture.  But regardless of the Mode and Coord options selected, when painting, weight is only painted on one side.  Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 4.10.07 PM.png

Tennis Player SF46.c4d

Screen Shot 2017-07-21 at 4.09.53 PM.png

I'm not at my computer  till tomorrow in which I can have a look.  Your model must be 100% symmetrical.   Also make sure your naming of the joints is consistent between the left and roght joints other than prefix or postfix.

Dan 

As Rectro said!!

Plus in your case..when you paint in local mode your object axis must be centered. Your mesh and rig are offset when you turn off the skin object, here you can see that the axis is way off center.

Also keep in mind that a clean hierarchy (Master > Controllers > Joints > Mesh) will work better with C4Ds Priority!

Hope that helps.

I just had a look at it briefly, and as nightight said the whole mesh is off x Axis, it needs to be in zero Axis. Get your model 100% symetrical, and centered in world space as X=0, Y=0 Z=0 before you start rigging it. 

Also I picked up that your naming is not good.  You have L thigh.  Try to get into the practice of not leaving gaps in the naming.  L_Thigh would be better, then your prefix would be L_ which is more commonly used.  

Dan