Sign in to follow this  
IvyBarringer

Amend window layout

Sorry for the very basic question, but I'm struggling to find the answer as I'm struggling to word it properly in google.

But, when use C4D (studio R13) in work, only the animation layout has the mograph section along the top row, and startup only has file!

How do I amend this row so I can have more options in startup?

Many Thanks

55 minutes ago, IvyBarringer said:

only the animation layout has the mograph section along the top row, and startup only has file!

I'm struggling to decode this, but if you just want to edit your layout, just go into Customize Commands, tick 'edit palettes' and now you can drag any command from the command manager to anywhere in your layout. When your layout looks as you want it to, do 'save layout as' and save your new layout with its own name with the others, where it will now appear in the layouts drop-down. I think that works in R13 but I don't have it installed anymore so can't check.

Does that help ? :/

CBR

• Topic Author
  • I mean in this row of words, this is the startup window and it is missing the mograph heading

That's amazing about the Customize Commands, very useful, but it doesn't have these (attached) headings

Screen Shot 2017-07-27 at 16.18.57.png

You can try window/customization/customize menus...

But need to read help about customize menus carefully, because in case of some problems is needed to delete prefs folder. (need to backup before edit).

btw, your screenshot shows Bodypaint layout menu, why you simply don´t switch to startup cinema menu layout?

(window/customization/menus/cinema4d menu)

• Topic Author
  • That screen shot is definitely from the animation layout on this C4D, not sure why, but they're all wrong.

I don't want to use animation as the start up cinema menu layout as the viewer is too small because of the timeline etc.

I will look at customizing the menus.

Thanks again

if you follow this tutorial: http://ace5studios.com/c4dinstallprefs/

you can make a new install branch, which should have everything on default. pretty sure the startup layout should have mograph. maybe someone else who was using it accidentally deleted it. 

i hope this method works with r13.