Sign in to follow this  
nerv

Post your Redshift WIP / Final Images!

RS meets Pink Floyd.

One shot of a visualisation of TIME, which I originally created 6 years ago, and am applying RS to revised scenes.

rs_time_snippet.mp4

• Topic Author
  • @djfilmsI like the way that's shaping up!  

Continuing with the "neon-brut" (lol) series. 

hideandseek2-frontfocus_NOgrain_00000.thumb.jpg.bc4c0f0346fc516bda943d54a558cd73.jpg

rendering & animation practice. the clay texture was made with noises, which i couldn't prevent from slipping during animation. i had to render out the noise on a flat plane and use that as an image texture to make it stick. stick texture tag had no effect, also the texture was using uvw mapping, so it should have stuck to the model in the first place, even without the tag. is there a trick to make redshift noises stay in place?

• Topic Author
  • @everfresh that looks awesome. 

The default redshift noises is are not exactly UV mapped. They follow more of a world / object type of mapping. This is why, for example, going into the C4D texture tag and trying to adjust UV settings like scale, offset, and projection type doesn’t have any effect. You have to do it all in the redshift noise node, and that only allows you to control scale and offset. I think you can pipe that into a triplanar node to get a little more control over mapping though.  Or you can try using the C4D noises. Those do get baked into textures and follow UV mappings, etc. 

All that said, I haven’t noticed the slipping when I’ve used the redshift noises on animated objects.  But there might be some situations when they might slip that I haven’t come across yet. Definitely a weird one.  I’d probably run it by the dev team on their forum. 

8 minutes ago, nerv said:

@everfresh that looks awesome. 

The default redshift noises is are not exactly UV mapped. They follow more of a world / object type of mapping. This is why, for example, going into the C4D texture tag and trying to adjust UV settings like scale, offset, and projection type doesn’t have any effect. You have to do it all in the redshift noise node, and that only allows you to control scale and offset. I think you can pipe that into a triplanar node to get a little more control over mapping though.  Or you can try using the C4D noises. Those do get baked into textures and follow UV mappings, etc. 

All that said, I haven’t noticed the slipping when I’ve used the redshift noises on animated objects.  But there might be some situations when they might slip that I haven’t come across yet. Definitely a weird one.  I’d probably run it by the dev team on their forum. 

thanks. :) on a character with the geometry deformed by a skin object it's definitely happening. i will report this as a bug at their forums, hopefully they can find a fix soon. 

12 hours ago, everfresh said:

rendering & animation practice. the clay texture was made with noises, which i couldn't prevent from slipping during animation. i had to render out the noise on a flat plane and use that as an image texture to make it stick. stick texture tag had no effect, also the texture was using uvw mapping, so it should have stuck to the model in the first place, even without the tag. is there a trick to make redshift noises stay in place?

Excellent figure animation!

• Topic Author
  • Continued... 

C50D11E0-87BC-4BA3-95C2-F162DFAB211C.thumb.jpeg.77b8f8ee79d857024cea7a0e8500aeef.jpeg

• Topic Author
  • And more... I have to admit, I'd started rendering this one with another engine (cough*the O-word*cough) and was having a hard time getting it to look the way I wanted. Re-did it with Redshift and it immediately started falling into place, especially the water caustics.  Redshift is hands down the best at this. 

As always, some post treatment with ArionFX. 

somenerv-hidSekIV.thumb.jpg.60a27aba3256c6b86be1dad7925724eb.jpg

15 hours ago, nerv said:

And more... I have to admit, I'd started rendering this one with another engine (cough*the O-word*cough) and was having a hard time getting it to look the way I wanted. Re-did it with Redshift and it immediately started falling into place, especially the water caustics.  Redshift is hands down the best at this. 

As always, some post treatment with ArionFX. 

somenerv-hidSekIV.thumb.jpg.60a27aba3256c6b86be1dad7925724eb.jpg

Great!

• Topic Author
  • Fantasizing with being in the tropics, skipping through tide pools and finding alien-like creatures - instead of freezing my butt off in NYC. 

somenerv-PURDYBLERB.thumb.jpg.c9874bd494b7208ae8565ffb6243693e.jpg

Sign in to follow this