Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
nerv

Post your Redshift WIP / Final Images!

Recommended Posts

  • Topic Author
  • Your yearly Halloween public service announcement: 

    somenerv-razorcandy.thumb.jpg.8f2e806a12b3e6acdd155dc8914ea7f4.jpg

     

    @djfilms Looking good so far.  Really love the bottle shape. 

     

    As for the wine, go to the RS Material's advanced tab and play around with the Shadow Opacity slider.  The default is set to 0 and does really weird things with refractive materials, especially when nested (e.g. a liquid within a glass container).   Same goes for your bottle material itself.  

     

    Also, not sure how you're coloring the wine, but I'd recommend using transmittance under the single SSS section, as opposed to just applying a color to the refraction. 

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    19 hours ago, nerv said:

    Your yearly Halloween public service announcement: 

    somenerv-razorcandy.thumb.jpg.8f2e806a12b3e6acdd155dc8914ea7f4.jpg

     

    @djfilms Looking good so far.  Really love the bottle shape. 

     

    As for the wine, go to the RS Material's advanced tab and play around with the Shadow Opacity slider.  The default is set to 0 and does really weird things with refractive materials, especially when nested (e.g. a liquid within a glass container).   Same goes for your bottle material itself.  

     

    Also, not sure how you're coloring the wine, but I'd recommend using transmittance under the single SSS section, as opposed to just applying a color to the refraction. 

     

     

    @nerv, multitudinous thanks for your (as usual) sage guidance. I'll try your suggestions. best regards, David

    Share this post


    Link to post

    large_Gow.jpg.04b452c5d6b78da7403e78f092

     

    Gold preset in Redshift materials. Pretty easy setup, 20 min render with one 980ti, GI Irradiance

    Share this post


    Link to post

    More RS learning....

    waiting.jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post

    Incremental progress....

    ParkAtNight2.jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • Hah, I like that mousetrap scene.  Clever.  And nice use of fog! 

     

    Speaking of foggy / dusty scenes:

    somenerv-reveles.thumb.jpg.b93a5b93e3c7e88bdd742d87cedd877e.jpg

    Share this post


    Link to post
    10 hours ago, nerv said:

    Hah, I like that mousetrap scene.  Clever.  And nice use of fog! 

     

    Speaking of foggy / dusty scenes:

    somenerv-reveles.thumb.jpg.b93a5b93e3c7e88bdd742d87cedd877e.jpg

    Thanks, @nerv! you really are a dune kind of guy!  :-)

    Share this post


    Link to post

    Trying to gallop in RS before I can crawl.....Shot from a visualisation of an old Scots song "the Dark Island". 

    docked720p.mp4

    Share this post


    Link to post
  • Topic Author
  • 19 hours ago, djfilms said:

    Trying to gallop in RS before I can crawl.....Shot from a visualisation of an old Scots song "the Dark Island". 

    docked720p.mp4

    Looking good!  Some motion blur and depth of field would take it further.  

     

    Silly fun with softbody dynamics and x-particles fluids. 

     

    tumblob1000-giphy.thumb.gif.30772e24a6fc1efa789412e8298cfcb4.gif

    Share this post


    Link to post

    @nerv,  thanks for the tips. I'll try MB and DOF.  regards, David

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Sign in to follow this  

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×
    ×
    • Create New...