Sign in to follow this  
nerv

Post your Redshift WIP / Final Images!

Just now, nerv said:

And quite possibly the last one in this "series" before I move on to other things... 

Pass the Dramamine!......... terrific.

• Topic Author
  • Avoiding my responsibilities like... 

rotoblob3000-giphy.thumb.gif.52ab2a663656249fd089397a50aacb3e.gif

35 minutes ago, nerv said:

Avoiding my responsibilities like... 

Wonderful!

• Topic Author
  • Thank you, as always @djfilms

I know I said I'd probably stop with these X-Particles abstractions - but I can't! 

• Topic Author
  •  

ported a scene from physical to redshift, slowly getting the hang out of everything... :)

testcomp_shifted_main_DOF (0-00-00-00).jpg

18 minutes ago, everfresh said:

ported a scene from physical to redshift, slowly getting the hang out of everything... :)

testcomp_shifted_main_DOF (0-00-00-00).jpg

Nice! Are the trees and hills 3d or an alpha plane?

1 minute ago, djfilms said:

Nice! Are the trees and hills 3d or an alpha plane?

thanks... the five nearest trees are models, the rest is just a background image.

3 minutes ago, everfresh said:

thanks... the five nearest trees are models, the rest is just a background image.

Ok. Noted. Thanks!

Trying out the old "wet-road-at-night" trick....

Suggestions for improvement gratefully received.

Wet-road.jpg

• Topic Author
  • 9 hours ago, djfilms said:

Trying out the old "wet-road-at-night" trick....

Suggestions for improvement gratefully received.

Wet-road.jpg

Great use of volumetric lighting! Instantly gives the image a great boost in the right direction. 

I think the road looks more like it's flooded than wet.  That particular noise pattern makes it look like an entirely liquid, wavy surface.  Which looks nice in its own right! I like how the light is being reflected on it.  Just not sure if that's what you were going for. 

Larger noise "patches" with higher detail settings and heavier clamping on the color can help with variation and in selling that "puddle look".  Take a look at the picture below.   I'd also try and apply some variation to the reflection and coloring on the wall behind those lamps. Looks very uniform right now.  Finally - a bit of bump here and there, plus a round corners node to smooth out those sharp corners will all help gel it into an even more real image.  

Picture below, as mentioned.  Very heavy use of fog and maybe pushed it a little too hard on the tinted / stylized look, but I'm ok with it. :) You can see some of what I was mentioning on the pavement.  Went for more "damp" than "wet" with slightly rougher reflections.  

nathanVice-fromAfar.thumb.jpg.ccc46608d20a52f476c72b3a7f344e60.jpg

12 hours ago, nerv said:

Great use of volumetric lighting! Instantly gives the image a great boost in the right direction. 

I think the road looks more like it's flooded than wet.  That particular noise pattern makes it look like an entirely liquid, wavy surface.  Which looks nice in its own right! I like how the light is being reflected on it.  Just not sure if that's what you were going for. 

Larger noise "patches" with higher detail settings and heavier clamping on the color can help with variation and in selling that "puddle look".  Take a look at the picture below.   I'd also try and apply some variation to the reflection and coloring on the wall behind those lamps. Looks very uniform right now.  Finally - a bit of bump here and there, plus a round corners node to smooth out those sharp corners will all help gel it into an even more real image.  

Picture below, as mentioned.  Very heavy use of fog and maybe pushed it a little too hard on the tinted / stylized look, but I'm ok with it. :) You can see some of what I was mentioning on the pavement.  Went for more "damp" than "wet" with slightly rougher reflections.  

nathanVice-fromAfar.thumb.jpg.ccc46608d20a52f476c72b3a7f344e60.jpg

@nerv, sage advice, as always! Yes, I like your pavement look. Will go and fiddle some more..... regards, David

Sign in to follow this