Cerbera    1,273

Had a week spare and felt like doing a short-ish modelling/sculpting/texturing project. Given that Game of Thrones is back on, and imagining I didn't have enough time to model Dragonstone (!), I thought I'd do one of the face masks worn by the murderous Sons of the Harpy from that show. 

I'll be doing the mask and head-dress but have made a good start on the former's base mesh tonight and yesterday. Determined to give the coming sculpting exactly the edge flow it wants, there was an interesting topology solve to be done to get the circular detail into the top.

597be79275e90_Harpy016a.thumb.png.19a53d773ad4230fc1446e9062d98fcb.png   597be79e25d49_Harpy016b.thumb.png.45032b9484cc22a85172588ea0366b93.png

Nearly all the detail in this will come from sculpting and materials, so that's where I'm heading next before tackling the difficult loose multilayer cloth hood. I've also got to model in the 30 or so tiny holes round the edges of the mask through which the leather thong passes that tie it to the hood. And model some blood dripping out of one of the eye holes.

CBR

• Awesome 1

DanLSK    39
1 hour ago, Cerbera said:

597be79e25d49_Harpy016b.thumb.png.45032b9484cc22a85172588ea0366b93.png

Nicely done, I like your stile.

Did you have few tries on that one or just one carefully planed master execution?  

Cerbera    1,273
  • Topic Author
  • 28 minutes ago, DanLSK said:

Nicely done, I like your style.

Did you have few tries on that one or just one carefully planned master execution?  

Ha - more the second one than the first but I got caught out in a few places, so there was a little redirection needed on occasion where loops didn't work out as I'd hoped ;) It's still not perfect - there remains the odd complex pole drifting about I have yet to circumvent...

CBR

Valar Morghulis. I love Game of Thrones, can't wait for the next episode. Anyway, Nice modelling, looking forward to the result.

Cerbera    1,273
  • Topic Author
  • 4 hours ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Valar Morghulis. I love Game of Thrones, can't wait for the next episode. Anyway, Nice modelling, looking forward to the result.

Valar Dohaeris. Thanks PP... I'll try and do justice to the artistry of the original, but of course in the world of GoT, there is no justice, so I don't know where that leaves us ;)

• Like 1

Cerbera    1,273
  • Topic Author
  • Did a bit more work on my base mesh, fixed my complex poles, and started adding basic material forms for the surrounding shroud...

597d7584a9f88_Harpy026.thumb.jpg.03ccbd9441fe477ba04fcc47b1ed837e.jpg    597d765497043_Harpy026b.thumb.jpg.429ebb7057f787afff28205a6abf50ec.jpg

CBR

• Like 2

VECTOR    393

looking fresh so far :D

DanLSK    39

@Cerbera  Is that just screen captures you are using for the Isoparms images or is there some kind of Cel Render trick that I'm not aware of?

How is the progress btw??

Cerbera    1,273
  • Topic Author
  • 6 hours ago, DanLSK said:

Is that just screen captures

Yep, screen caps, and display tags so I can see some Isoparms, and some bits wireframe.

No progress this week - been away from it doing client stuff. Work resumes soon hopefully !

CBR

• Like 1