Igor

New in Cinema 4D R19 - Full Feature List

2 minutes ago, Cutman said:

When I was at Uni doing my Film and TV production course we had a straight-talking gnarly sound recordist give us a presentation. His most memorable quote was, 'Audio without good pictures is radio, video without good audio is Fuct!' That bit of clear speaking has stayed with me my entire career, it is _the_ inescapable truism of production work.

No matter how good your visual content if the audio is garbage the whole production is garbage.

I can be more forgiving for people who provide free training, but when the audio is excessive in very low levels, eating, drinking while recording it will have me only endure it if I cant find an alternative.  I wouldnt go as far as "garbage" in regards to non commercial recordings, but it certainly spoils all that effort put into the visuals, but I understand he was trying to drive the point home.  When I deal with just audio recordings such as singer I record a few times a year, I will not try to fix a bad recording, no editing can fix a bad recording in a studio recording session, it can only cover up, mask problems while loosing dynamics of the audio via over use of EQ, gating, and compression.

On a CG level, I think the same as for UV mapping, why put so much effort into modeling, texturing, sculpting if the Uv map is poor.

Dan

@RBarrett 

Hello.  

The new port enhancements looks great.  As for 3rd party developers such as Vray4C4D will they be able to have the sdk to aid in them integrating their render engine to use the Viewport abilities.  Vray needs this, and would really make a massive difference to Vray and other render engine users to have such a viewport for their choosen render engine?

Im not a developer, Im on the user end so dont understand the nessasary details.

Thanks, Dan

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cutman said:

The audio is cr4p in those videos. They should've spent a bit of time sorting out the volume before rushing to upload them. I had to turn the volume right up to hear the voices at a normal volume and I received a FaceTime call mid video which blasted the office, it was like a nuclear attack warning sounding.

That's how I like things..

I wanna see the presentations exacly as it was streamed, the only acceptable edits are for the event breaks..

If something bizarre related to the audio or video happened during the event, it's just a matter of leaving a note in the video description..

But hey, no worries, let's wait...

• I don't speak English "by default", so... | Join Cinema 4D Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/3skdKMU

@RBarrett or @HSrdelic

Can the Preview ProRender be used as an IRR preview for Physical and Standard renderers? Does ProRender have its own 'look' or have you managed to match the look of Physical and Standard renderers or is ProRender as different to them as VRay and Octane are?

Do both Standard and Physical fully support the new PBR material and lights workflow?

Thanks.

59 minutes ago, Cutman said:

Do both Standard and Physical fully support the new PBR material and lights workflow?

I can answer that one!

The new PBR material and lights are just presets of the normal/ordinary/regular lights and materials. You can create one and then adjust it to be identical to the normal default material or light and be totally un-PBR. It's just a handy starting preset point. So, it's supported by Standard and Physical completely because it's not new or different.

Side note: GSG did a great video demonstrating how much faster you can render with Physical if you don't use the color channel and, instead, put the color in the reflectance channel as the PBR material does. I think it was mentioned in Nick's NAB 2017 presentation (available on Cineversity), but it's also available in a shorter format here: https://greyscalegorilla.com/tutorials/speed-up-the-cinema-4d-physical-render-by-removing-the-color-channel/

• Like 1

Is ProRender much faster then Physical render? Can't find any speed comparasion between them. Hope it's at least twice as fast then Physical...

3 minutes ago, danijelk said:

Is ProRender much faster then Physical render? Can't find any speed comparasion between them. Hope it's at least twice as fast then Physical...

if you make all you materials the physical way ie: with the reflectance diffuse models and use area lights then prorender kicks ASS! depending on the scene you are looking at speed ups of x10 or more

Yeah, I mean all the same, just ProRender instead Physical. ~10x is great :))). Currently have Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 8Gb, wondering how fast is it with ProRender...

6 hours ago, danijelk said:

Yeah, I mean all the same, just ProRender instead Physical. ~10x is great :))). Currently have Sapphire Nitro+ RX480 8Gb, wondering how fast is it with ProRender...

Watch this video, 

The MAXON UK guy has two WX7100s in his machine which are RX480s under a different name. He says it took 4 hours for those rather unremarkable washing machine renders. A single 480 is likely going to be less than useless going by the demo in the video.

I'd have more faith if those who are quoting 10x speeds over Physical actually said what hardware they're using to compare render times. If it's a 4 core rendering Physical and 2x 1080 Tis rendering ProRender then it might be understandable. How about a recent 12/24 core versus a single 480 is going to be 10x in favour of ProRender? I think not.

12 hours ago, Greatszalam said:

Side note: GSG did a great video demonstrating how much faster you can render with Physical if you don't use the color channel and, instead, put the color in the reflectance channel as the PBR material does. I think it was mentioned in Nick's NAB 2017 presentation (available on Cineversity), but it's also available in a shorter format here: https://greyscalegorilla.com/tutorials/speed-up-the-cinema-4d-physical-render-by-removing-the-color-channel/

A small correction. The PBR method is not faster than GI. If extremely high GI settings are used than yes the PBR method will probably be faster but that is the exception rather than the rule. 

PBR is great because it keeps things simple, while also getting very realistic results. But it won’t win any speed awards! When you want to speed things up you should be able to fall back to GI and get several times faster renders. 

I’m going through the PBR method here:

And there are also some render times there as well. 

ProRender will not work on Macs with nVidia cards. So if you've got designs on an nVidia eGPU solution for C4D on Mac think again.

Source: MAXON's Twitter...

Astonishing...

18 minutes ago, Cutman said:

ProRender will not work on Macs with nVidia cards. So if you've got designs on an nVidia eGPU solution for C4D on Mac think again.

Source: MAXON's Twitter...

Astonishing...

Where's the tweet that says that? Be pretty crazy if it's true.