Igor

New in Cinema 4D R19 - Full Feature List

On 8/16/2017 at 4:27 AM, Fastbee said:

I don't think it will ever find a place with Studio users because I'd expect all of them to be using a 3rd party render engine.  This is why I think it's so sad Prime users don't get to use it because that means no one will be using it.

I use Redshift at home, but at work, they prefer CPU over GPU. At work im looking forward for the Viewport updates and I will keep and eye on AMD integration, wich I hope is better than a third party renderer

I saw Rick´s presentation live on c4dlive and must say it was one of the best presentations  (if not the best) of R19 features on event. Clear, very informative...

• Like 2

Well after a lot of haying and humming I decided to bite the bullet and renewed my MSA, not for one year but for two. First time I've ever had enough cash spare. For me R19 isn't what I hoped for but I can see it is moving in the right direction. 20 better be the one that pushed C4D up to where it was when I first started using it. With a new core and every thing we have refreshed and notched up a gear then we'll be up where the air is clear. That's what I've got my fingers crossed for. 

If in doubt, scream and shout.

I wonder about Python SDK updates. Maybe XPresso object node's object port is finally fixed?

On 30/08/2017 at 9:25 PM, aturtur said:

I wonder about Python SDK updates. Maybe XPresso object node's object port is finally fixed?

About sdk you can find more informations here https://developers.MAXON.net/?p=3044

About Xpresso node is already supported since a while.
https://developers.MAXON.net/docs/Cinema4DPythonSDK/html/modules/c4d.modules/graphview/index.html?highlight=c4d modules graphview#module-c4d.modules.graphview

The only thing, you can't crreate node plugin through python.

Technical  guru - Available for job

I wonder if one of the best features of R20 will be a copy of Curious Animal's Boole Falloff...?

Started to play with ProRender and of course started with the more render intensive scenes.   I was really impressed with how much more quickly it was able to generate a preview render in the viewport.  Even if this is not going to be your final render of choice, it plays a huge role with being able to do interactive render tests with lighting and textures.

The only confusing thing is that while PR uses GI and the feature list on PR has emissive textures (if I remember that list correctly), the illuminate settings on a material are all greyed out.  Is this feature not implemented yet or am I missing something?

Thanks,

Dave

Sorry...but I simply do not have enough faith to be an atheist.

If it's grayed out with prorender it probably does not work yet.  I also noticed Absoption is grayed out, some procedurals don't work, there can be a compiling time even after the first very long one, there is no way to turn off caustics which can lead to caustic speckles from not having enough samples in the caustics,  it is slow as mud sometimes being 74x slower than Redshift, and a few other things I don't remember at this moment.  The way it is now I will never use it.

On the plus side R19 has a viewport is very nice.  I don't have to render till the very end.  Using material exchanger function helps a lot when using 3rd party render engines.