Cinema 4D Plugins

Igor

New in Cinema 4D R19 - Full Feature List

McDev    11

Those are some very nice additions! I like the Poly reducer tool. Will it work with baked Normals? That would be great.

Also one question, will the LOD System work in the render or is it only usable for the viewport?

• Like 1

pzdm    7
3 hours ago, Igor said:

you forgot Content browser, we changed it again!

• Awesome 2

3D-Pangel    190

First reaction:  "Hey....there are a few pleasant surprises after all!"

Second Reaction: "When you consider everything...even what we knew about....then R19 is certainly better than R17....and worthy of being a full point release"

Third Reaction: "Why didn't they announce earlier?  People are going to want to see the viewport enhancements in action at Siggpraph...certainly they would want people to get advance word about that to boost the foot traffic to their booth?"

Fourth Reaction: "Ha!  So there was a falloff effector in MoGraph!  I knew it all along!  They probably renamed it to Noise Falloff after the inadvertent leak with that video and to protect Hrvoje's cover story (it's a conspiracy I tell you!!!!  A conspiracy!!!)"

Fifth Reaction: "Can I still trust what Hrvoje tells us?........hmmm......The answer is yes.  ;-)

What I am most delighted about NOW: The voronoi fracture enhancements...in particular dynamic breaking.  So my assumption is that chunks will stick together until some force is reached.  Can the also be controlled based on collision order or key frame (these chunks break on first collision, these break on the next collision or keyframe....etc)

What I hope to be most delighted about LATER: The viewport performance.  Can't get too excited until I see it on my machine.  I have an nVidia Quadro K5200...so I am hoping it will be impressive.

Biggest Question:  So while all the features of ProRender are not implemented, I would assume that there are gaps between ProRender and Physical camera.  So how does that work when I take a pre-existing scene and want to render it in ProRender?  Does a little warning screen come up and say "These features are not compatible with ProRender"?  If so then what?  Scene does not render?  Features get turned off?  So how does C4D handle all that?

Overall....please give MAXON a slow clap at Siggraph for me.

Dave

• Like 1

Greatszalam    77

As I said in the speculation thread, what really impressed me with the R19 videos on Cineversity.com is how well-thought-out the new features are. It's all mostly just enhancing the tools we already have, but it's doing it in just the right ways. I can't wait to get my hands on it!

• Awesome 1

RBarrett    86
4 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

First reaction:  "Hey....there are a few pleasant surprises after all!"

Second Reaction: "When you consider everything...even what we knew about....then R19 is certainly better than R17....and worthy of being a full point release"

Third Reaction: "Why didn't they announce earlier?  People are going to want to see the viewport enhancements in action at Siggpraph...certainly they would want people to get advance word about that to boost the foot traffic to their booth?"

Fourth Reaction: "Ha!  So there was a falloff effector in MoGraph!  I knew it all along!  They probably renamed it to Noise Falloff after the inadvertent leak with that video and to protect Hrvoje's cover story (it's a conspiracy I tell you!!!!  A conspiracy!!!)"

Fifth Reaction: "Can I still trust what Hrvoje tells us?........hmmm......The answer is yes.  ;-)

What I am most delighted about NOW: The voronoi fracture enhancements...in particular dynamic breaking.  So my assumption is that chunks will stick together until some force is reached.  Can the also be controlled based on collision order or key frame (these chunks break on first collision, these break on the next collision or keyframe....etc)

Biggest Question:  So while all the features of ProRender are not implemented, I would assume that there are gaps between ProRender and Physical camera.  So how does that work when I take a pre-existing scene and want to render it in ProRender?  Does a little warning screen come up and say "These features are not compatible with ProRender"?  If so then what?  Scene does not render?  Features get turned off?  So how does C4D handle all that?

Boy the conspiracy theories never end. Open R18. The falloff object is there - just called "Weight Falloff" in the Character menu. It was temporarily moved to the MoGraph menu because it can be used to control the glue of Voronoi Fracture pieces, then it was decided to move it back.

We really don't need to do anything to increase foot traffic at Siggraph. We're the big giant booth right in front of you as you enter, and the booth is consistently packed. I'm confident anyone remotely interested in C4D will stop, not just to see R19 but to see the fantastic presentations by some of the best artists in Cinema 4D. All of which everyone can see online at C4DLive.com starting tomorrow morning at 9:30 am Pacific.

The Voronoi connectors are Dynamics connectors automatically placed between chunks - so you can control them in any way you can control a Dynamics connector. And as I mentioned the Glue functionality (not connectors but creating multi-fragment chunks) can be controlled with falloff, or by a total number of clusters or point distance.

When you render with ProRender, features that aren't yet implemented just won't show up. In most cases what you'll be missing is some effects shaders - surface shaders are baked automatically if not natively supported.

• Like 3
  • Namaste 1

RBarrett    86
1 hour ago, McDev said:

Those are some very nice additions! I like the Poly reducer tool. Will it work with baked Normals? That would be great.

Also one question, will the LOD System work in the render or is it only usable for the viewport?

Poly Reducer retains UVs so it generally works with normal maps. Not sure about imported normals in a Normal tag.

The LOD system controls the view and render by default, but there's an option to always render at LOD 0 (highest LOD) if that's what you'd like.

Simmy    56
42 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I was playing with the voronoi fracture object a little while ago and was getting a bit bummed out about the lack of control on how it breaks apart as it mostly seems to be all breaking apart like shattered glass once triggered, so this is definitely what I was looking for and so happy its coming. Now I would just like secondary breaks to become a thing.

3D-Pangel    190
14 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

When you render with ProRender, features that aren't yet implemented just won't show up. In most cases what you'll be missing is some effects shaders - surface shaders are baked automatically if not natively supported.

Can we do better than that?  

I would hate to go through a 40 minute render only to find out that I had inadvertently left it on ProRender rather than switch back to Physical render and now my image is lacking something (eg. whatever effects aren't supported).   A warning message that ProRender doesn't support something is a simple thing to prevent that mistake.  

You can usually determine what render options you have selected in the first few buckets that get rendered.  But while I haven't seen ProRender in action, I would imagine that you may not be able to determine it is in use right away (particularly if you are using CPU rendering).    Now if you can,  then it is not an issue.  But if not, then you really need that warning screen as I would imagine that could be a mistake we all make.

Dave

RBarrett    86
11 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

I would hate to go through a 40 minute render only to find out that I had inadvertently left it on ProRender rather than switch back to Physical render and now my image is lacking something (eg. whatever effects aren't supported).  

ProRender works progressively (like the Progressive mode of Physical Render), so you can see the entire image immediately and it should be pretty obvious that something's not right.

Fastbee    54

This is a fantastic release.

My favorite features.  LOD, exporting lod to fbx, fbx improvements, viewport improvements, animation improvements, scene reconstruction, and bodypaint opengl.

I'm not sure what frame steps in team render is.  If it means you can have the main computer do the preparation work for a frame then send it out to render then step to the next frame.  This is amazing.  Maybe the best feature.  With some scenes a node could take over 24 hours preparing to render the first frame they were assigned.  This would take care of all that preparation time issue.  Hope the buffer for max number of prepared frames or max memory used for prepared frames can be set in some setting.

The one thing this release is greatly missing is steady stroke for BodyPaint.  I say this because I don't think it should be a hard thing to put in.  Little things like this that make a huge difference should be in there.

Things that I hope is better for future releases not in order of importance.

- Steady stroke for Bodypaint.

- VR with all the tools in VR

- A retopo tool that works

- Snapping that lets me snap one object to another.

- Improvement in the preparation of a scene so frame steps don't have to be used.  The biggest slow down I see is xpresso which should be faster for many of the things it does.  Adding a compile phase to xpresso should speed up xpresso.  Having certain tools in C4D for character animation so xpresso would not have to be used for many rigs could also solve much of the slow down.

- Real time Sub Surface Scattering, Global Illumination, and Ray Tracing.  These are not impossible things.  Demos have already been made of these features working in real time.

- FBX exporter that can have the axis import and export right.  Maybe the global coordinates option fixed it, but if it didn't having an option to flip axis and change them so it will export the model right would be great.  It's a pain to have to change the axis of every object before exporting and re-fix after importing.

- Nodes for everything.  Replace the object manager with nodes, materials with nodes, material application onto objects with nodes, maybe have nodes for branches in the undo and redo chain, etc.  It would be great to have one material and be able to see in a node graph that material connected to 10 different objects.  Ctrl click the connection point on the material to grab all the connections and put that onto another material.  Have a parent material where the reflection can be changed on the parent and have it change 20 other child materials.  Be able to easily see what mograph effectors are connected to which mograph objects.  Have a deformer connected to select children of many different parents.  Imagine changing the phong on 100 objects by changing a single phone tag because all 100 objects were connected to that one phong tag.  Nodes are better for everything.  In the object manager it could help save a lot of space by cutting down on the number of repeating tags.  I know we have xpresso, but having nodes as the default would be so much nicer.

- Improved modeling tools.

- Huge additions to the character animation tools.

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

bentraje    84

That's a lot of features. Looking forward to the weighting improvements.

Icecaveman    66

Congrats, MAXON on the new release with the many new features and enhancements!

• Like 1