Hi guys

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off.

Cheers,
Cafe Staff 

Igor

New in Cinema 4D R19 - Full Feature List

3D-Pangel    167

Hmmm...just saw that video about what is new in the Content browser....the realistic head is definitely something to deep dive into.

Would love to see some dynamic voronoi breaking examples as well (that wood plank video was pretty cool).  Will Cineversity have a few scenes to pour through?

Dave

RBarrett    82

Yeah - most of the 

31 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Would love to see some dynamic voronoi breaking examples as well (that wood plank video was pretty cool).  Will Cineversity have a few scenes to pour through?

We'll be including projects for most of the examples in our quickstart videos. We'll also have lots of quicktips as well as some project- and reference-based series coming out in the next few months. I'll be demoing some new scenes in my Siggraph presentation on Thursday, and most of those will be refined and published as quicktips with project files.

• Like 1

maliohammad    256

Wow , before the release I was thinking "eh , they talked a lot about pro render , so it is the main feature , which is disappointing " but after just watching the first video , it is just AMAZING ! 

Good job MAXON 

Cerbera    913

The Scene Reconstruction in the MT is awesome; even if the geometry it makes is pretty horrendous - it's still brilliant for retopology not to mention actually seeing where stuff is in the scene. And the new Voronoi improvements, especially the detail adding parts - love all that. And the LOD stuff And the sound effector. And the viewport stuff. Dont' know how much I'll use ProRender (tired / ailing graphics card) but for me that's a pretty solid release.

No mention of improvements to it in the feature list, but I wonder if they'll make OpenSubDiv work with UV's ? That would make me extra happy.

CBR

Igor    412

Another VP improvements presentation @djfilms :cowboypistol:

3D-Pangel    167

Just saw the Cineversity video on the veronoi fracture improvements.  And after watching that video it finally occurred to me why C4D users are both dedicated to the program and mad at it at the same time.

The improvements made to Veronoi fracture prove just HOW AWESOME MAXON can make something.  The words "powerful", "logical", and "easy to use" are not just rhetorical phrases that get tossed around to create press buzz....here they actually mean something. 

So when you see this level of quality in the improvement of a tool, it naturally creates a rising expectation about what is "next".  What else are you improving that we can expect to be just as good, just as useful, just as smart?   That's why we are always asking: What is next?  

Time and time again, you guys prove that when you set your minds to improve something, you do it right...so please just improve everything!!!

Unfortunately, when "what is next" does not happen yesterday, we get frustrated.

Now the elephant in the room are the UV tools.  My understanding is that UV is inherent to the new core and as such foundational to the entire program which is unfortunate because the most anticipated improvement is probably going to be the last to be released....but I would imagine that when it is released it will be mind-blowing.  Sorry....but that is what you have trained us to expect.  I know....quite a lot to live up to.

R19 is turning into a bit of a pleasant surprise and quite honestly,  I need to step on my feet to keep from getting too excited about R20....

...but the way I see it, creating that level of anticipation and high expectation is MAXON's fault, not mine   ;-) 

Dave

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Cerbera    913

For everyone who hasn't seen it yet, Chris Schimdt has done a typically rewarding & thorough exploration of the new Voronoi superpowers...

CBR

• Like 2

Edouard    18

I must say it's a nice release, probably not yet THE milestone everybody are waiting for but we have some clues the future appears to be bright. Beside new features I appreciate MAXON continues to refine his legacy tools, hierarchy objects insertions is the best example what a time saver! I like the overhaul of the weighting tools though it would be nice to have a more robust autoweight (like Mixamo), anyway it nice to see character tools to gain some attentions.  At the first sight:

1. The Viewport is Jaw-dropping, finally MAXON catches up competition.

2. Prorender is very promising, can't wait all features to be implemented

3. Poly reduction generator, sound effector overhaul, Voronoi fracturing enhancements... Niiiice, killer features.

4. The new modeling core is is intriguing, I would like to know more about it 

Things I expect in the near fufure:

1. Multithreating, can't wait to play with a bunch of cloners.
2. Xpresso overhaul 

3. More modeling tools (finally a true symmetry feature?)

4. Better UV (seems a long way to go right now)

5. Node based materials editor

• Like 2

3D-Pangel    167
4 hours ago, Igor said:

Another VP improvements presentation @djfilms :cowboypistol:

Would love to see the machine specs with each of these demo's.  Just outstanding....almost too good to be true.

At 0:43, was emmissive materials used to make the dandelions glow?  Is that a native capability to C4D or were you using Cycles 4D?

Dave

Fastbee    43
43 minutes ago, 3D-Pangel said:

Would love to see the machine specs with each of these demo's.  Just outstanding....almost too good to be true.

At 0:43, was emmissive materials used to make the dandelions glow?  Is that a native capability to C4D or were you using Cycles 4D?

Dave

I believe the dandelions was a real time effect in the new viewport.  It all was.  None of that video was pre rendered.

Visionnext    53

As a Vray user, I was hoping that ProRender wasn't the only great new feature and so I'm pleasantly surprised to see the other enhancements as well. I just wonder, how I can use the viewport enhancements with Vray and what machine specs are needed.

Have to play around with the other things as well, to see how good they work. R19 seems to be a solid release anyway and I'll love to play with it, when it comes out in September. A lot of new stuff inside. 

Simmy    50

I think I am convinced to upgrade again. There are few little new features/functions that are cool but the workflow enhancements in viewport and LOD are what are selling it to me. Anything that speeds up workflow and means less test renders is a win for me.

I was hoping Pro-render would be ready for animation rendering but obviously its not there yet so will be waiting longer for that. Can anyone tell me if they have used Octane for animations? I have a GTX1060 6gb so not sure if this will give me much performance over standard/physical renderers (I am not very good at render tech)