Hi,

Just changes from Mac to PC, got a couple of strange things happening...

Command 'Z' is acting funny - I did download a key change app to swap the 'Windows' key to a "Apple/Command' key

and 

For some reason an object that I brought into my scene file keeps defaulting to it's pasted position even if I save the c4d file with the object in the correct position, I close the file and reopen it and the position is back to it's pasted position

These may our may not be PC issues and most likely carbon issues

Been a frustrating few days having not had a lot to do with PC's at all...

I use to have one of those Keyboard Mouse wireless combos by Logitech and it was acting up using some of the shortcuts in C4D.  Long story short, I ended up getting different brand of wired keyboard and mouse and problems went away. 

I wonder whats up with your save files, let us know if you figure it out.

I will let you know.

I'm using a Mac USB keyboard and a USB Optical mouse (I daren't try my Wacom on it!)

Command Z doesn't work either, if I do a Command Z all that happens is the object goes back to it's pasted position and no other undo function is performed - the same happens if I hit the back arrow in the viewport?!?!?!? 

I've only ever used a pc, but I've heard on 100's of tutorials 'press command - blah or control - blah if you're on a pc'. That is, command on a mac = CTRL on a pc. The windows key has a lot of functionality on a pc, and I don't recommend remapping it.

Why not use a windows keyboard on your windows computer  - you can get one in the UK for £8. The standard pc undo is CTRL-Z.

I have used Macs since the first version of Potatoshop, kinda used to the keys - I am still keeping my MacPro too. I would like to standardise my key use and didn't realise it would be quite so painful. I also have an identical spare Mac keyboard, which I do like and am used to. 

Most likely I will get a PC keyboard and switch the Windows key with another, as you say i'm sure there is some functionality but if you are a Mac user not so much, it's just annoying. 

I put this question here in the hope that someone had made the same migration to PC from a Mac and had some work arounds...

6 hours ago, Burgess said:

Most likely I will get a PC keyboard and switch the Windows key with another

If you get a windows keyboard you don't swap the windows key for anything - you just use the keyboard.The kb shortcuts in C4D or photoshop are different when the software is installed on a pc. Do you really think all pc C4D users remap their windows key?