grunze    0

Hi,

Can anyone guide me on how to recreate some like in the attached screenshot.
I imagine there is a solution within the cloner object, but I'm having lots of trouble figuring it out.

Thanks!!

Screen Shot 2017-08-11 at 3.53.01 PM.png

noni    2

I would first try the Atom Array to make the lattice, along with some Spheres.

grunze    0
  • Topic Author
  • Hi. The atom array is helpful, but as far as I can figure out, it leaves a hollow thing. It only puts spheres along the outside... Is there something I can improve?

Thanks!

noni    2

Analyze the form and break it down into identical sections which can be duplicated.  For example, you may be able to use a series of diagonal planes with atom arrays, then connect them all with skinny cylinders through the sphere the other way diagonally.  Or, you might be able to get what you want by nesting a series of diagonal cubes, small ones inside larger ones, each in an atom array, then you'll still have to connect them with skinny cylinders and add a few more around the outside, for which you could use skinny cylinders and spheres.  For that part, I would build one corners structure and instance it, or use another array or clone it to arrange it around the structure.  Or, you might be ahead to just create the parts with spheres and cylinders.  It's hard to say without trying it, but I would try those approaches.  I hope this helps.