Kinink

Cheese modeling : anyone knows how?

bezo    416

just slice, nothing more, but there are many ways how to achieve it. Cinema has many modeling tools, only need to research more deeply and use them right way...

Kinink    1
  • Topic Author
  • Cerbera, tried your way and achieved the same result, thanks!! 

• Namaste 1

Kinink    1
  • Topic Author
  • I think im pretty much figuring it out. will be posting here soon the results. Thanks all

Kinink    1
  • Topic Author
  • Hey guys,
    so far everything went great. I started from a cylinder, opened it up and sliced it with the knife tool to get a nice geometry.

For the holes, I went for a new approach : I choose a point or line segment and bevel it. It works pretty well. After it I model with the drag tool. So far, so good. 

The only problem I am encountering right now is how to create a smooth transition between textures...I wished the cheese had a coat, like a red one in this case, but it should transition smoothly to the yellow with a turbulence in between... any of you know how to achieve it ?

I have tried so far with the FUSION or Layer with gradient and none worked...also, I´m applying them in two different selections. Am I doing it wrong?

thanks!!!

cheese texturing.jpg

VECTOR    381

so you're trying to make the red wax on the outside of the cheese like Edam has? if this is the case then the wax is actually seperate from the cheese it's self obviously so you could just model that, or you could select all the geo apart from the back and do a small inner extruder, which I'll give you a small border all the way round which you could scale/extrude inwards slightly so that the whole thing is still one connected mesh but will look as if the wax is attached then just add a wax like material 

Kinink    1
  • Topic Author
  • Tried it. Actually for the model attached I did exactly the opposed : extrude the outside. But it doesn't matter what I do, the transition keeps being hard... I wished it would transition from red to red-yellowish and only then to yellow. The picture attached doesn't have the red cover, but the laterals are more or less what I wished...maybe with SSS??

1.jpg

Kinink    1
  • Topic Author
  • I´ll try creating an alpha mask with the UV map. Maybe it ill work

Kinink    1
  • Topic Author
  • Hey @VECTOR and @Cerbera, so here is the feedback! still has some room for improvement. But the overall result is here !

05_Gruyere_Montagem copy.jpg

VECTOR    381
    On 06/09/2017 at 7:34 PM, Kinink said:

Hey @VECTOR and @Cerbera, so here is the feedback! still has some room for improvement. But the overall result is here !

05_Gruyere_Montagem copy.jpg

ah yea man that's looking nice