nerv

Club feedback thread

I have to  be honest - I really hate RenderView.   

I'm glad they haven't gotten rid of the IPR in favor of it just yet. 

8 hours ago, nerv said:

I have to  be honest - I really hate RenderView.   

I'm glad they haven't gotten rid of the IPR in favor of it just yet. 

Every aspect of RS UX/UI is terrible. It doesn't feel like a part of C4D.
If people will not tell them about this, they will not change anything. most of the alpha testers are still using IPR instead of RenderView and developers are not getting any feedback about it.
I love C4D because of its simplicity, stability and intuitive nature but RS is simply violenting all these advantages.
The plugin itself is really good in terms of functionality, this is the best render engine in my experience. Unfortunately, it's not artist friendly at all.
They haven't any designers in their team. They can't see any of UX/UI disadvantages because of programmer's point of view.

But in Houdini, RS is integrated very well. :D

@merkvilson, I just posted in the RS feedback. Thank you for your passion to make RS better!

cheers, David

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, djfilms said:

@merkvilson, I just posted in the RS feedback. Thank you for your passion to make RS better!

cheers, David

Thanks, David. Hope others also will participate. :)

On 8/27/2017 at 3:09 PM, djfilms said:

you asked for ideas to stimulate use of this forum. Here's an idea to get participation: you or Igor post a scene with deliberately bad settings. Ask users to adjust the settings so as to optimise quality and speed. This is an exercise to assist real-world troubleshooting and optimising.

Great idea, this could actually be a new format for challenges. Sorry guys for my bit late replies have been learning Nodes in Cycles, my brain is swollen from all the info. 

I attached something I did in Cycles 4D for learning purposes, hope you like it.

P.S. thanks for keeping C4D Cafe great resource of 3D knowledge!! :cowboypistol:

Wacom TabletEX4_v2.png

| MAXON Quality Assurance | 3D Artist | C4D Cafe Manager | Gamer in Heart/PS4 ID: SIgor420 |:compEnjoy:

9 hours ago, merkvilson said:

Every aspect of RS UX/UI is terrible. It doesn't feel like a part of C4D.
If people will not tell them about this, they will not change anything. most of the alpha testers are still using IPR instead of RenderView and developers are not getting any feedback about it.
I love C4D because of its simplicity, stability and intuitive nature but RS is simply violenting all these advantages.
The plugin itself is really good in terms of functionality, this is the best render engine in my experience. Unfortunately, it's not artist friendly at all.
They haven't any designers in their team. They can't see any of UX/UI disadvantages because of programmer's point of view.

@merkvilson  I don't disagree.  The biggest annoyance is their approach to units.  Having to go into the extreme .0001 and 10000 ranges to fine-tune things is kind of ridiculous. 

All that said, I still consider RS hands down the best existing renderer right now, so I have forced myself to get used to most of their UI/UX quirks... 

Except for RenderView.  I can't get over how much of a mistake that was.  I was excited about the prospect when they first announced it, but in practice it's been a huge letdown.   I've already provided feedback multiple times and have run out of things to say about it.  I find it unusable and useless.  If it were up to me, I'd kill it for good.  

Vray has a similar problem: 2 competing render views: the IPR and the Visual Frame Buffer. The VFB is barely functional on Mac, and appears to be ChaosGroup's fault for not providing SDKs and info to Stefan.