Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

Icecaveman

Give-Away of 4D Publish

kbar    64

Just thought I would jump in here and clarify one thing. Beeple did not use 4D Publish, rather I used his Zero Day scene and exported it to PDF as a test. This is what is shown on the behance page.

You can download some sample PDF files from the 4D Publish page itself: https://www.4dpublish.com/3d-pdf

Also Adobe Acrobat is not designed for massive scenes. You can still have hundreds of objects if you wish, but it might revert down to a wireframe or bounding box representation if its fps drops to low. The benefit of it is that its a viewer that everyone has on their computers. Any computer can open a PDF file using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader. This means that a reasonable model will open on even the lowest spec computer. Making it perfect for technical manuals and product visualisations. Customers use them for placing products into PDF documents, designing floor layouts for booth and product display spaces, technical documentation with 3D models of parts of engines (sometimes brought in from CAD data directly). I will be making some better demo PDF files soon that showcase the new features such as object and camera animation as well as buttons to change views and trigger animations in the scene. 

I will now leave this back in the hands of Icecaveman.

bezo    397

Thanks Kent for informations. Watching free pdf samples from your pages must say it´s perfect tool for presentations. A lot of possibilities to present model or scene to clients etc. Fill the space between them without needs to have demoversion/commercial version of c4d.

Fast and simply presentation of model (wip or final). Amazing!

...This tool should be included inside c4d long time ago...

• Like 1

Igor    439

Do we have a winner? :)

kbar    64

I believe Craig has been busy recently with other projects. Also I advised him to wait until 1.6 was released, which was today. This allows him to talk about any of the new features as well as the current ones. 

• Like 1

Icecaveman    66

Further delays here, folks. I've been feeling less than well physically lately (new medication side effects) and on top of that I've been distracted with Hurricane Harvey.

I lived in Texas through the 90's and know a lot of people there. I'm trying to arrange to open my home to some of the homeless. There are still other big distractions right now. 

It will be at least a week before I can resume reviewing 4D Publish.

• Sad 1

bezo    397

Watching thru tutorials on Kent´s page, must say it´s really strong pack of tools. Export to pdf format is just  "cherry on the cake" in this pack. Work with textures looks much more smoothly  (megascans support great also), painting (standard or sculpting based brushes) itself is other great chapter...

mahialise    0

Woah, using that in VR sounds dope AF! I've been looking into getting C4D scenes into VR for some time now but you lose so much because you have to bake everything into OBJ/FBX so it's not that great. This sounds pretty cool. 

I humbly throw my hat into the ring! :)

Thanks,
Mary

Icecaveman    66
On 9/11/2017 at 8:12 AM, mahialise said:

Woah, using that in VR sounds dope AF! I've been looking into getting C4D scenes into VR for some time now but you lose so much because you have to bake everything into OBJ/FBX so it's not that great. This sounds pretty cool. 

I humbly throw my hat into the ring! :)

Thanks,
Mary

I'll keep you in consideration, Mary!