Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

Rectro

Tyrion Lannister Game Of Thrones Fan Art

teknow    257

That is gorgeous work! My only gripe is that scar which looks totally lame. It would be a shame if that scar detracted from such a masterpiece! You are good.

• Like 1

Visionnext    64

Amazing work, Dan. The scars are the weakest part, but the hair is outstanding (alHair shader?) and so are shape and skin. I assume it's an alShader as well. A real look alike.

I'd love to have time to play around with the shaders as well, but I doubt, if I reach that quality so fast. I don't even think about the modeling.

I love your YouTube channel and all the knowledge you share. People like you are needed to show the potentials of software and render engines.

Thanks for sharing your work. Just, wow! (and a little tiny bit envy :slysmile:)

• Like 1

Simmy    50

Outstanding.....bravo that man.

He seems to of lost his Hand of the Queen brooche/pin thing

• Like 1

Amazing work Dan!  Although I think the scar has to be less redder, depends also on when he got his slash across the face ofcourse :D Looking forward to see more of this.

Tyrion is probably one of my favorite characters on the show.

• Like 1

teknow    257

Both you guys do really impressive work!

• Like 1

Rectro    475

Thanks guys, I should have posted it earlier for some feedback as its harder to go back and change things when you know how many layers that effect one element.  I will do some post work on the scars see if I can improve it, thanks for the feedback.

Its ALskin, and Alhair used, just brilliant materials to use in Vray. I used XYZ textures for skin detail.  

26 minutes ago, Visionnext said:

I'd love to have time to play around with the shaders as well, but I doubt, if I reach that quality so fast

Alsurface just works out the box with very little tweaking to the settings, Hard part is getting the textures good enough, and the model it self.

27 minutes ago, Simmy said:

He seems to of lost his Hand of the Queen brooche/pin thing

Ahh, yes well spotted.

9 minutes ago, PrivatePolygon said:

Tyrion is probably one of my favorite characters on the show.

Yea, same here, has some great one liners.  I am working on his full costume so he will be a fully body render, then I can crack on with Scarlet

33 minutes ago, Visionnext said:

I love your YouTube channel and all the knowledge you share. People like you are needed to show the potentials of software and render engines.

Thanks for sharing your work. Just, wow! (and a little tiny bit envy :slysmile:)

Thanks, appreciate the feedback.  Il be putting some more stuff on my site soon as well.  

Dan

Visionnext    64
1 minute ago, Rectro said:

Thanks guys, I should have posted it earlier for some feedback as its harder to go back and change things when you know how many layers that effect one element.  I will do some post work on the scars see if I can improve it, thanks for the feedback.

Its ALskin, and Alhair used, just brilliant materials to use in Vray. I used XYZ textures for skin detail. 

Alsurface just works out the box with very little tweaking to the settings, Hard part is getting the textures good enough, and the model it self.

I have the tools (got XYZ textures as well), but lack the skills so far. :confused:

You're really inspiring...

• Like 1

VECTOR    290

Nice work Dan, I think calling the scar lame is a little strong no ? yea the redness could be scaled down some but modelling wise it looks good. hair looks ace too. there's  still a little that needs to be done to get the likeness spot on but it's looking great so far 

• Like 1

What can I say? Impressive work! Yes the scar is a bit too red maybe, but that would be easily fixed with a bit of photoshop I'm sure.

• Like 1

Rectro    475

Im glad that I had taken the time to get it 95% pure render as its not that hard to make changes depending on how many layers may up the overall effect.  I separated the displacement from the skin pores, this way I can go back in and remove the scar from the displacement map, or re sculpt it.  Here is a PS post of trying a different more healed scar.

30 minutes ago, VECTOR said:

still a little that needs to be done to get the likeness spot on but it's looking great so far 

Thanks,  its so hard to get likeness my first try at it, and man the perspective from different references cause so many problems. Im learning alot from this project.

GanToxC.jpg

Dan 

• Like 2

To me that already looks a lot better. Likeness looks great to me, even if I don't have a reference to hold next to it. At least he's instantly recognisable :)

• Like 1