Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Rectro

Tyrion Lannister Game Of Thrones Fan Art

VECTOR    380
14 minutes ago, Rectro said:

Im glad that I had taken the time to get it 95% pure render as its not that hard to make changes depending on how many layers may up the overall effect.  I separated the displacement from the skin pores, this way I can go back in and remove the scar from the displacement map, or re sculpt it.  Here is a PS post of trying a different more healed scar.

Thanks,  its so hard to get likeness my first try at it, and man the perspective from different references cause so many problems. Im learning alot from this project.

GanToxC.jpg

Dan 

I feel your pain  bro, looking much better there already. really digging the details. I'm actually struggling to not add too many details with my fat character. 

grain    106

That's awesome work. New scar looks great. His goatee is the thing that sticks out to me, it's a bit uniform and dense, kind of stuck on. The actual modelling and likeness is bang on I reckon. And the skin texture! Strewth.

Very inspiring. 

Edit - whoops, I saw the pic above and didn't realise @VECTOR was photoshopping it left and right. Anyway, I agree with the new scar! 

Cerbera    1,202

Nice one Dan - you really nailed the 'permanently worried' look of the character. Great job all round...

CBR

teknow    259

Great job! It looks perfect now. The reason that bothered me so much is that I am a retired ER doc and lacerations and such are what I did all day. But you have made me a happy camper with a really impressive revision. You really are spot on with your anatomy and the human body. I'm not good enough to model the exterior so I model internal anatomy and mechanisms of human biology and pathology.

Here is a pearl: for six months scars are reddish because of the capillaries which grow in with the scar tissue but these finally close over after 6 months and change the scar from red-pink to whitish.

I look forward to more of your work (with envy)!

Now back to my animation of NaCl dissolving in H2O at the molecular level.

• Like 2

Rectro    523
  • Topic Author
  • 1 minute ago, teknow said:

Great job! It looks perfect now. The reason that bothered me so much is that I am a retired ER doc and lacerations and such are what I did all day. But you have made me a happy camper with a really impressive revision. You really are spot on with your anatomy and the human body. I'm not good enough to model the exterior so I model internal anatomy and mechanisms of human biology and pathology.

Here is a pearl: for six months scars are reddish because of the capillaries which grow in with the scar tissue but these finally close over after 6 months and change the scar from red-pink to whitish.

I look forward to more of your work (with envy)!

Now back to my animation of NaCl dissolving in H2O at the molecular level.

Thanks for your comments and info on scars, appreciate your feedback.  Your line of work sounds very interesting indeed.

Dan

teknow    259

It was really interesting and really exciting but I lust over C4D projects now!

BTW,  I copied your image to show my rabid GOT fan wife to show her how powerful C4D can be in talented hands. How is that for a compliment!

• Like 1

bezo    414

...breathtaking...

...super amazing work Dan,

hope I´ll find it with little review on MAXON webpage.

• Like 1

Rectro    523
  • Topic Author
  • Update:

I upped the settings, and got a even cleaner render, though I need to refine the settings as 12hrs at this level is not exceptable times, where as the images above took 1hr 42min.

This is a colder tone.

6Tdn68t.jpg

PYbUVjv.jpg

Warmer tone.

R7HVTHl.jpg

CrQ4Ast.jpg

Here is some info on my Process.

Modeling/hair:

I use simple poly by ply modeling for precise control.  I wont try to add detail to areas like nose and ears until I sub divide the mesh once which becomes my final base mesh.

Hair wise it was 9 layers for best control.  I use maps for density, and thickness as well as the clumping within the hair material.  Watch these videos on clumping and thickness maps.

Sculpting:

I store the original state of the base mesh within Zbrush using a feature called store morph target.  I then sub devide and sculpt base secondary level forms which does not include high skin details.  I then on another layer sculpt high details.

XH2CIxW.jpg

Painting:

In Zbrush I project paint a photo, this will not be what I use in the render but I use it as a color pallet in which I use the colour picker to hand paint over the model.  By the time Im finished there will be no photo projection left other than the odd patch here and here.

The reason why I dont use photo projection for my final is because I want the skin sculpting pores to match the diffuse colour, and being that I dont use the photo projection to extract skin details from, and use XYZ textures for displacment detail I do the following.

1: Project, then finish hand painting model.  

2: Use skin detail layer to mask by cavity, inverse mask and fill in with darker tone.  This then makes the diffuse colour complement the real skin details.

AOteHSG.jpg

Post work:

I render a number of layers keeping the 3 lights that produce specular as their own pass.  This lets me control spec from each light, and paint more or less spec on these layers.  .  Being as the rim light highlights the hair edges, I add a colour filter to this to push a deeper colour into it.

rBgCzKv.jpg

• Like 1
    • Awesome 2

everfresh    161

damn... that's really amazing work! i think you came pretty close to the real one, definitely hit the spot regarding his personality.... and the hair is probably the best hair i've ever seen in c4d...  

• Like 1