Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jacharries

Camera moving too fast!

• Topic Author
  • Hello,

I'm making a music video that is about 3.5 minutes long. It's pretty simple - just a long road with a camera attached to a spline following the road, however, the camera is moving way too fast once I've added key frames and I know that I could slow it down by increasing the key frames but I was just wondering whether there was a way to slow it down without doing so because otherwise, I would have over thousands and thousands of key frames. 

Any help will be much appreciated!!

I've attached the scene if anyone wants to look.

Thank you!

music video.c4d

You could slow down time using time scale setting in Project Settings / Dynamics ? 

CBR

• Topic Author
  • That only seems to affect dynamic objects. My camera is still moving fast, maybe I'll have to increase key frames.

Oh yeah, my bad. I shouldn't answer these things when I'm tired :)

You could just stretch all the keyframes at once by shrinking the timeline so it's showing all of them, selecting them all by dragging a box over them, then dragging right on the right side of selection, which should retime them proportionally ?

Or could you do something with project frame rate to slow things down ?

CBR

You can use shorter spline...

Or...

- Spline interpolation change from Adaptive to Uniform (with 50 units for instance)

- Shift - F3 open timeline, switch to f-curves, select last point (on 1200F) and change it´s value to 100 percent. (if you manipulate with f-curve, animation has higher priority than parameter animation).

- last one can be selecting all points of f-curve and set to linear interpolation (animation without acceleration, other words same speed for whole animation)

Picking up from @Cerbera

cmd+d/crtl+d for project settings 

change project frame rate to something slower (60/100/200?) and then go to render settings and change this to match. Your keyframes will be remapped with exactly the same proportions but much slower

hope this helps