Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

impalorvlad

Zoom and Pan issues

• Topic Author
  • I know this sounds dumb but my R17 slows to a crawl when zooming through objects and prevents me from panning until I've broken free.  I can still rotate.  I'd like to be able to

1  make the zoom and pan work all the time in the main viewer.

2  control the speed (distance) I zoom.

Thanks.

Hi

You need to update your profile to show what version you have, it makes it easier for others to offer advice based on the version you have.

Does it seem slow even with no objects in the scene?  If you do have objects in scene  what scale are they as in to real world scale?  What graphics card do you have and do you have latest drivers, last but not least, is the version of C4D your using a lagit licence?

Dan

• Topic Author
  • My video card is a gforce 650m, drivers are from 6/27/2017, the objects are different sizes but around 300 cm (ish), it only happens when I pass through objects and yes. It doesn't seem to be a glitch but rather a natural behavior.  If I accidently zoom into a wall with my mouse wheel it takes about 10 rolls of the mouse to exit.  In my hud the location info shows I'm moving much less until I exit the wall (table, console, etc), then it speeds back up. Panning doesn't funtion but roll (or whatever it's called) works fine.  If I hide the object, the zoom and pan works naturally.  I noticed it after I  put camera, curser and object mode for the viewer controls on a panel and started switching between them. But it may have happened before that.  Sometimes switching modes frees the pan.  Sometimes not.  Zoom is the concern as it slows my workflow down a bit when I accidently stray.  Sorry.