Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

ingvarai

Cineversity playback just stops

ingvarai    8

I want to watch some of the excellent presentations from Siggraph 2017. But I cannot play the Cineversity videos. Yes, they start, and play fine a few minutes, then they come to a halt. I have tried before noon, after noon, in the evening, even during night time, after midnight. I have tried to switch video, then on some occasions I actually can play the other video just fine, so the problem for some strange reason apply just to one video. It seems. But not for long. The video will eventually stop.  I live in Norway, 6 hours ahead of New York time. My Internet connections is around 16 Mbs download speed. It is a pity it is like this! It has gone that far now, that Cineversity is not a viable source for C4D tutors for me, because of this phenomenon.

The latest video I tried to watch, was Chris Schmidt's presentation on less commonly used features of C4D.

Maybe this is the wrong forum, but I thought I could post this here, hoping that someone has a solution for me! 

I use Google Chrome. Have not tried Internet Explorer (Edge).

-Ingvar

Cerbera    1,023

Yes that's damn annoying isn't it, specially when you're trying to get to sleep to a Siggraph presentation, and it just stops

3 mins after you've got into bed :)

I too have noticed problems with CV playback, which for me at least, seem to be worse when there are a lot of people watching, like in the week after Siggraph videos first go up :) Your 16MB connection is totally fine for even 4K video, so the problem is not likely to be your end. Unfortunately, there is also not likely to be anything you can do about it either, other than find the videos elsewhere, and/or notifying Cineversity that you're having problems, and seeing if there is anything they can do their end.

CBR

ingvarai    8

Thanks, Cerbera. Are the Siggraph C4D presentations to be found elsewhere?

-Ingvar

Cerbera    1,023

I suspect they are, but don't know where myself, sorry :) I haven't checked, but do the GSG links go to the CV versions, or are they kept somewhere else ?

14 minutes ago, ingvarai said:

The latest video I tried to watch, was Chris Schmidt's presentation on less commonly used features of C4D.

As much as I love the guy (and he really is one of my all-time favourites), this session wasn't as advertised, and was a little disappointing for me as I'd seen it all before. Instead of doing what the title suggested, he spent the whole time basically showing the same musical mushroom rig he's been demoing in the last 3 Ask GSG videos ! No new info at all, which is very rare for him ! :) On the plus side, you could go to twitch and watch his almost identical session there !

regnas    14

Why they not just upload the free videos on Youtube?

Cerbera    1,023
1 hour ago, regnas said:

Why they not just upload the free videos on Youtube?

They do eventually. But it adds value to have them on Cineversity first I guess...

• Like 1
  • I doubt !! 1

ingvarai    8
On 8/20/2017 at 3:10 PM, Cerbera said:

On the plus side, you could go to twitch and watch his almost identical session there !

He he, hope this doesn't apply to the other Siggraph presentations!

-Ingvar