Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Cutman

Navie Effex Gone?

Cutman    157

Navie formerly DPit Nature Spirit makers of a fantastic fluid simulator appears to have closed its doors. Samir, the owner has been incommunicado for some time and now the website has gone. Anyone know what's happening?

I hope Samir is OK, he sounded an incredibly sound software engineer and all round decent bloke and not having his simulation tools from this point forward would be a sad loss to C4D.

I wonder if MAXON has bought him out? One can only hope...

Greatszalam    74

Agreed to hoping MAXON bought it because the alternative isn't good.

Cutman    157
  • Topic Author
  • 2 hours ago, Greatszalam said:

Agreed to hoping MAXON bought it because the alternative isn't good.

A very strange situation not to inform customers what's going on even if walking away from the business.

I hope Samir hasn't had a misfortune.

Greatszalam    74

Me too. Cactus Dan, Navarro Parker...we don't need a third.

Cutman    157
  • Topic Author
  • There's something not right about this story, he had a female partner in the business handling customer service so there should be absolutely no reason why users are left in limbo wondering what's happening.

There's been no activity on his Facebook and GitHub page since last year, I hope the worst hasn't happened as he wasn't an old guy.

Greatszalam    74

He is not dead. He is in the hospital though. That's all I know. Somebody from Insydium got in contact with him, but that's all they could share.

• Like 1

Cutman    157
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for updating the thread to end the speculation. I'm sorry to hear Samir is in hospital and it must be a very serious condition if he's been in all this time. 

Get well soon Samir, sincerely wishing you the best.

• Namaste 1

This is very sad. I have never owned Navié FX, but always admired Samir's work - it's a fantastic achievement. Hopefully, all will be well with him and if he has had to shut down, MAXON will buy FX and continue developing it.

rorylowe    2

Very Sad news indeed. I hope you're ok Samir!

We've used Navie / DPIT for a while, it is great software and very good value for money. It also looked and sounded like it had some great updates and developments coming. If Samir can't do any more with it I hope MAXON do buy it and take on its development but somehow I doubt that will happen. It would certainly take C4D a big step up in the VFX world. 

Rory