Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 

Navie Effex Gone?

Cerbera    1,976
22 minutes ago, MikoWolf said:

Can someone share Navie Effex that was free on GitHub? 

No they can't - the free version has been withdrawn because Navie has been acquired by Insydium the XParticles guys...

CBR

MikoWolf    0
3 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

No they can't - the free version has been withdrawn because Navie has been acquired by Insydium the XParticles guys...

CBR

ah, I wondered if supposedly free software is open for sharing even after take down (especially given that source code is still available on Github). Well, I guess that settles it. 

ZChristian    9

By the way, there is a side grade discount for Navié Effex 2.x customers (should have received the code by email) for the bundle of X-Particles4+Cylces4D. 

daveo    9

I would like to clarify, the Effex source code has never been available and Samir said (from his FB page [https://www.facebook.com/Navié-105576809517385/] in Jan):

I may be developing and adding new stuff in my spare time to the Effex framework but don't count on it as I will be moving on in life but I am pretty certain that Effex will be up to the physical simulation task for quite a while in hope that it will be useful to the c4d community.

Samir did briefly make the Windows build available free through github but decided to take it down.

There is an offer that has gone out to all Effex 2.0+ users, if you haven't received it you can contact our sales:

https://insydium.ltd/contact/sales-enquiry/

As soon as we have more news on how we are building on X-Particles + Effex we will announce it through our site and social media. For those that haven't yet seen our latest build I suggest looking at our new Early Access:

https://insydium.ltd/support/early-access-programme/

and:

Thanks.

Rectro    705
10 hours ago, daveo said:

There is an offer that has gone out to all Effex 2.0+ users, if you haven't received it you can contact our sales:

This is what I feel needs making clearer, Im a Effex 2.0+ user but not a paid version, so who is this offer open to?

Dan

daveo    9
2 hours ago, Rectro said:

This is what I feel needs making clearer, Im a Effex 2.0+ user but not a paid version, so who is this offer open to?

Dan

This is an offer to paid users and all paid users were contacted by Samir. I'm not clear what you mean by "not a paid user"?

Rectro    705

Effex  was once a paid for app, then due to unfortunate circumstances it was release by the creator for free, a free licence.  When I saw that Effex was acquired by Insydium  it opens up two questions.  1: what is the licence status of commercial use  for users like me whom got a free fully functional version, and 2: what you have answered what users of Effex are offered a deal via Insydium?  This only leaves question one really.

Dan

daveo    9
2 hours ago, Rectro said:

Effex  was once a paid for app, then due to unfortunate circumstances it was release by the creator for free, a free licence.  When I saw that Effex was acquired by Insydium  it opens up two questions.  1: what is the licence status of commercial use  for users like me whom got a free fully functional version, and 2: what you have answered what users of Effex are offered a deal via Insydium?  This only leaves question one really.

Dan

Thanks, I will ask if this can be clarified and post back here once I know.