Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

Rendercore Lab

Cutman

Navie Effex Gone?

Cutman    123

Navie formerly DPit Nature Spirit makers of a fantastic fluid simulator appears to have closed its doors. Samir, the owner has been incommunicado for some time and now the website has gone. Anyone know what's happening?

I hope Samir is OK, he sounded an incredibly sound software engineer and all round decent bloke and not having his simulation tools from this point forward would be a sad loss to C4D.

I wonder if MAXON has bought him out? One can only hope...

Greatszalam    68

Agreed to hoping MAXON bought it because the alternative isn't good.

Cutman    123
2 hours ago, Greatszalam said:

Agreed to hoping MAXON bought it because the alternative isn't good.

A very strange situation not to inform customers what's going on even if walking away from the business.

I hope Samir hasn't had a misfortune.

Greatszalam    68

Me too. Cactus Dan, Navarro Parker...we don't need a third.

Cutman    123

There's something not right about this story, he had a female partner in the business handling customer service so there should be absolutely no reason why users are left in limbo wondering what's happening.

There's been no activity on his Facebook and GitHub page since last year, I hope the worst hasn't happened as he wasn't an old guy.

Greatszalam    68

He is not dead. He is in the hospital though. That's all I know. Somebody from Insydium got in contact with him, but that's all they could share.

• Like 1

Cutman    123

Thanks for updating the thread to end the speculation. I'm sorry to hear Samir is in hospital and it must be a very serious condition if he's been in all this time. 

Get well soon Samir, sincerely wishing you the best.

• Namaste 1

This is very sad. I have never owned Navié FX, but always admired Samir's work - it's a fantastic achievement. Hopefully, all will be well with him and if he has had to shut down, MAXON will buy FX and continue developing it.