Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

lopakam    33
11 hours ago, Mennovandijk said:

Hi Lopakam,

this is starting to look way better!  ;-)

IMHO I would do a little tryout with positioning th sunlight.

for example, if you place the sunlicht more to the rich and back, you get a more interesting render.

if you don't mind i did a quick one on my laptop (perspective is way off, but you get the idea)

one is more or less the wa you have the sun setup, the other one is more back-lit. 
this makes a better contrast in the image and brings out the tables even more

kind regards
Menno

lightstudy_2.jpg

base_setup.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to do this!  Funny thing, I spent so much time with the 'camera' settings that I really didn't do much with the sun.  I was so into the photography mode that I was trying to work with the light I had (I know that does't make much sense but once a photographer, always a photographer.)  I will open it up and try moving the sun around.  I should have time this Sunday to give it a try.  That could make a big deference.  I may need to save it as a 32 bit tiff to bring out the details in the shadows, but no big deal.

Again, thank you,

Mark

lopakam    33

Thanks Menno for your idea of changing the sun's direction.  This certainly helped the image a lot.  The colors seem to pop more and gave more depth.  C4dCafe ROCKS.

GreenHouseV15R2b

Mark

• Like 1

bobc4d    82

YES, this really pops out now.

I have a question Mark.  what scale are you using?  for instance the stool, is it 15 units, 150, 1500? just curious scale people use in their scenes.

Cerbera    1,017

Yes :) that looks so much better now !

CBR

lopakam    33
7 hours ago, bobc4d said:

YES, this really pops out now.

I have a question Mark.  what scale are you using?  for instance the stool, is it 15 units, 150, 1500? just curious scale people use in their scenes.

I have the C4D figure in the scene that does not render.  I moved him around to eyeball the scale.  So there is no real measurements on this.  This just started out as a causal project.  I do model to scale on most of my other work.

Mark

• Like 1

bobc4d    82

using the figure for scale is what I do as well