Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

Cutman    137
On 30/08/2017 at 4:13 PM, spiralstair said:

Will the speed of hardware render and live viewport depend on fast GPU? Is it an option which excludes those with macs with restricted GPU?

The new OpenGL features of the viewport work fine on Macs but I'm not sure what you consider restricted though? It works fine on my 2015 iMac I have in front of me.

C4D bogs down long before any deficiencies in GPU ever become apparent in my experience and there's minimal difference between a mid range GPU and high end GPU rendering speed in the hardware render.

arail    22
21 hours ago, ChrisAtlanta said:

The MSA runs on a calendar year, so it's still only good through December

Are you sure about that? I assumed the MSA was for one year starting whenever you bought it. Am I wrong ? I purchased an MSA mid year because it was on sale and because I wanted to get away from the August 'should I or shouldn't I' routine. My license is for BP so it's only a few hundred bucks and I'm happier just knowing it's already paid for when August rolls around.

Zmotive    49

MSA definitely does NOT run on a calendar year. 12 months from when you bought it. At least that's the way the MSAs I've purchased always worked.

• Like 1

Greatszalam    72

MSAs are not calendar year; they are from when you bought them.

Cerbera    1,120
15 minutes ago, Greatszalam said:

MSAs are not calendar year; they are from when you bought them.

That is true, but not really how it applies practically, because there is no real disadvantage to delaying your MSA until just before the next version is released. So if yours runs out in July, you don't have to renew it until september. AFAIK MAXON will let you roll on as long as you contact them before release day, even if your MSA expired the January before...

For a while my renewal was in Jun, but having told MAXON I wanted to see the next version preview before I decided on that year's MSA, that was no problem at all, and I renewed late August.

So the only thing we can say definitely is that you will only ever get one full release with each MSA you buy or defer, and that your free Cineversity account stops being premium exactly 12 months after you bought your MSA.

CBR

• Like 1

Greatszalam    72

If you have any questions, I'm sure you could contact MAXON and they can give you the official word. :)

Zmotive    49

Cerbera: I understand what you're saying but MAXON allowing select people to let their MSA go an extra month (let's say you last purchased in July) or something like that is just a manifestation of good customer support where they're willing to cut certain people slack (depending on their history and situation) from the normal policy. Which is 12 months from when you bought it. :) 

The only way it cycles on Dec 31, is if you purchased the license or prior MSA on Dec 31. Otherwise not a calendar-driven thing.