Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

ingvarai

Running R19! My pet bug still there..

ingvarai    8

Ok guys, I am already up and running R19! And as usual, each and every year, I check if they have fixed my pet bug. Which I have reported several times. Not fixed this time, either. Ok, I'll wait until September 2018, in R20 they ought to have fixed it :lol:

It is the camera shader bug, this year, every year, James

Introduced in R14, and appearing in various ways in the next versions, R15, R16, R17, R18 and now R19. Works excellent in R13.

You can test for yourself:

camera-shader-bug.c4d 

Cerbera    1,023

Yep, also the OpenSubdiv UV fail bug also remains, but I've whinged about that in another thread, so won't repeat myself here as well. I used to have a lot of confidence that if things didn't work early on in a version they usually did in the updates. Not any more it seems... anyway - sorry they didn't fix yours either ! :/

CBR

Fastbee    51

@ingvarai I don't get what the bug is.  Could you clarify?

For me it R19 locks every time I try to render with my GPU.  CPU works, but is slow.

I'll post any other bugs I find here and a full gripe report after I try everything.

RBarrett    86

What GPU? Make sure the drivers are updated, and make sure the right cards are checked in the Preferences (uncheck any Intel cards, or Nvidia cards on Mac). 

Fastbee    51
51 minutes ago, RBarrett said:

What GPU? Make sure the drivers are updated, and make sure the right cards are checked in the Preferences (uncheck any Intel cards, or Nvidia cards on Mac). 

Nvidia Titan X Maxwell with the latest 385.41 divers from Nvidia, Windows 10 64bit.  To be more specific when using GPU it says compiling shaders forever than when I go to stop it it freezes C4D.

Strange though this last time I tired to render it did the same thing, but when I went to stop it an image popped up and then it started working with GPU after that.  Now it seems to work which is weird.  I wonder what flipped over.

RBarrett    86
30 minutes ago, Fastbee said:

To be more specific when using GPU it says compiling shaders forever than when I go to stop it it freezes C4D.

That's expected (well, not the freezing part). The first time you run ProRender, it has to compile shaders specific to your graphics card and drivers. This can take a bit (on my system it takes about 5 minutes). After 30 seconds or so, the status bar should say "this could take a while". It can seem like things are frozen though. If you're patient, you'll see the render begin as soon as compiling is finished, and it won't need to compile again unless you delete your prefs, update drivers, or install a new graphics card.

I've created a quicktip video for Cineversity that highlights this and 4 other "gotchas" with ProRender. Watch for the video on Cineversity, YouTube and Facebook on Monday or Tuesday. (As a preview, the other four gotchas are shader support, bake resolution, scene elements and normals).

Cerbera    1,023

Yep, after I updated drivers, and compiled shaders (7 mins here), even my old little GTX650Ti Boost is working very nicely with ProRender now...

But is it right that any noise I use now can't have its texture space changed ? That option is greyed out with PR.

CBR

Fastbee    51
5 hours ago, RBarrett said:

That's expected (well, not the freezing part). The first time you run ProRender, it has to compile shaders specific to your graphics card and drivers. This can take a bit (on my system it takes about 5 minutes). After 30 seconds or so, the status bar should say "this could take a while". It can seem like things are frozen though. If you're patient, you'll see the render begin as soon as compiling is finished, and it won't need to compile again unless you delete your prefs, update drivers, or install a new graphics card.

Thanks RBarrett for your help here and making great videos. 

If the compiling automatically happened when C4D started up before the C4D windows popped up that would probably be the best time to do it.  Maybe something that said "C4D needs to compile for prorender to work.  This will take a few minutes.  Would you like to compile now?"

I'm also getting "compiling" in some of the scenes in the content browser I try to render with prorender.  I'm guessing this is it baking out the procedural materials?