Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

acslatenor

Animate a face on a pre-animated mesh?

acslatenor    0

I've imported a pre animated rig from mixamo and would like to rig the face for animation. When I have "node 2" selected and am making selections for various parts of the face it's fine but whenever node 2 is not selected you'll see that everything becomes insane. I'm sure that I'm missing something simple, selected wrong or grouped wrong. Maybe I can't even rig the face after it's been animated.. Hopefully someone can point out what I'm doing wrong, or fill me in on what is and isn't possible with a preanimated rig..

thanks for any advice,

adam

AANND it looks like I have a second question.. My file's twice as big as it can be to post here.. There has to be a way i don't know about to compress my c4d file.. can someone tell me how.. don't seem to be able to zip on this mac

Rectro    475

Hi

This is not something iv done, but assuming you add the rig to be a child of the head bone it should follow fine, you just need to add the new bones to the bone list of the Weight Tag so you can assign weighting to them bones.

The file type to compress for most general use is Zip file, and you can use Dropbox for free to upload files to and share.

Dan

Rectro    475

Hello

I took a quick look.   For clearity Node  is your Teeth which should be weighted 100% to the head bone, and if you mouth must open then the top and lower teeth needs to be weighted as two objects upper teeth to head, lower teeth to jaw, but you have no jaw joint so thats not a issue.  Your head is Node_2 and is not 100% weighted to the head joint, either is the head positioned in the correct place on the body unless you intend you use the neck as weighted to the neck joint.

Go into the Weight manager with the weight selected for Node_2, and select the head joint in the joints list and in the Commands tab click Apply all, or if you want the neck to also have a influence to the neck joint, edge loop select the polygons around the neck you wish for the neck, expand the selection U+Y key  and click Apply selected while having the heck bone selected.  Use smooth brush to blend the head and neck.  If you have done this then no need to position the head, but if you dont want to bind the neck read on.

Placing the head without Neck bound:

Disable the Skin tag for Node_2.  Be at key frame 0, and position the head in place unless you have fixed the neck into position via binding neck to neck joint. Next Select the Weight tag for the Node_2 and click Set Bind Pose.  Your head will now remain in place and weighted.

You have a pose morph on your characters head but no morphs are added yet, so next you can start adding some face morphs.

Dan

fixing head to body.jpg

• Like 1

acslatenor    0

Wow..

Thank you so much for the detailed and considerate response..

I'm going to tackle this very soon and will be sure to post an update as well..

can't thank you enough

-a