Matthaus

Engine Illustration done with Pro Render

Matthaus    4

Hey guys,

I want to share my latest illustration completely done in C4D. It was more a modelling excercise and rendering was done with the new Radeon Pro Render in R19. There is more stuff about this project on my behance page.

Comments and critiques are very welcome :)

picture.jpg

wires.jpg

• Like 3

Oakley    0

Very Nice! Still getting my head around the changes

Can I ask you some more about Pro Render?

What kind of settings are you using here and how long did it take on what type of gfx card?

Cerbera    1,211

Even though it might not be all-quads perfection, a lot of it is, and that is still a pretty bloody awesome model :) How long did you spend on it ? 

CBR

3D-Pangel    186
13 hours ago, Cerbera said:

Even though it might not be all-quads perfection, a lot of it is, and that is still a pretty bloody awesome model :) How long did you spend on it ? 

CBR

You have to visit the web site included in the first post as those two pictures do not do it justice.

Work like this just amazes me on two levels:   1) the sheer amount of talent that is required and 2) the mental toughness and discipline to see it through to the end.  Honestly, I would have been exhausted after doing the radiator.

The reference sketch alone that Matthaus did is remarkable. To see it as a model is mind blowing.

Matthaus,

Something to consider:  I am sure that you have enough content to be able to sell a library of engine parts.   Not sure if a product like that exists yet, but I am sure it would create interest.

Dave

violst    5

Beautiful work! in both the modeling and the rendering. Great job utilizing ProRender. Which GPU are you using and how long was the render times? 

@3D-Pangel I couldn't agree with you more I would be exhausted with just modeling the radiator as well!

matniedoba    1

Thanks so much for your appreciation. Rendering could be a fun stuff if I had a better graphics card. I copied every object (eg. radiator) to a sepperate Material Scene to setup the materials. In most cases I had 1 to 4 variations of the same material and mapped them cubic, so I could avoid UV mapping. So in the Material Scene the rendering and material testing worked interactive. But the final render time was 15 hours on a Quadro K1100 mobile. I used a Dell Precision Laptop.  I think rendered arround 300 passes.

Basically the default settings are fine in ProRender, I did not change anything. And material creation is very fast if you use the PBR material.

Modelling was of course the longest part. I did this in my spare time (so one hour a day). This project started some years ago, than it was not touched for a few months. I think if I would work on this full time, modelling would take three months. Maybe now I could do it faster because I learned a lot of procedural modelling techinques, e.g. modelling with the Voronoi Fracture or Cloner.

Hope this helps :)

• Like 1

Fastbee    53

That model looks super cool.  Awesome work.