Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

Sign in to follow this  
tonyhowell

Cached dynamics and Rebus Renderfarm

tonyhowell    0

Hi, 

I have an issue with some files i've been uploading to rebus renderfarm.  My scene contains dynamics which are cached. Before i upload i do a quick hardware render to see if everything is ok - which it is. The actual output is somewhat different! The IK dynamics (very basic) are acting erratically! Am I missing a step in what I should be doing before i upload?!? Any help would be appreciated as some files i've uploaded have worked okay and if i scratch my head any harder I may hurt myself;)  (see attached) rebus_render_error.mp4

I've received some info from rebus, which has left me more confused!! I thought that when dynamics are baked  in C4D it increases your file size indicating that it has stored/cached the simulation in the file (is this an internal cache?).

their response was:

'there is no cache in your scene. Please make sure you set up an internal cache and send a small test job (5-10 frames) to verify the cache is working as expected.'

This doesn't make sense as  most of the simulation is perfect and as expected. It's the dynamics on the ik rig that's messing up!! 

How does c4d store it's baked simulations?  Should i turn the baked ik it into keyframes before uploading?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

T:)

tonyhowell    0

After looking at my file i noticed that all the dynamic tags showed that they were baked. The simple ik rig (an aerial that sways on the vehicle)  the tags associated with this haven't changed. I'm now assuming that the Bake dynamics in the project settings don't include the IK dynamics? Can anyone confirm this please and tell me how to bake the IK dynamics. Again, i appreciate any help.

thanks

Tony

tonyhowell    0

An FYI for anyone uploading to REBUS.   After assuming that all the dynamics were cached/baked after baking at a global/project settings level. It turns out it doesn't include the IK dynamics!  The solution I had to implement was the use of the point cache tag and bake the simulation, by using that tag and deleting the IK chain it rendered correctly. This is not something Rebus Farminizer covers, so beware and bake all dynamics before waisting cash and time on useless renders! Rebus were good enough to refund a percentage of renderpoints so i could re render, but there is never a refund for twenty-four hours of problem solving :mad::lol:

stilgard    2

Hi. I strongly suggest switching to our farm - GarageFarm.NET. We support all kind of C4D features (+we got full 24/7 real human support via live chat/skype).

Generally, all you need to do is just bake your modifiers/mograph stuff, and save the scene. Everything will be forwarded to our farm. 
If you are using some other methods - like point cache, or animation saved to .abc file - then all that needs to be done is just make sure your assets are properly linked in the scene

This is how our software works

Ah, did I mention that we are way cheaper than Rebus ;) ?