TeamZissou

Animation in motion tracked scene

TeamZissou    3

Hi Guys,

Noob question here, I'll outline what I'm trying to do and how I propose to solve it but I'd really appreciate any suggestions if there is an easier way to tackle it.

I have some video footage which features a moving object through a scene, the movement is fairly linear and there isn't much of a perspective shift. I have tracked this footage and anything 3D I now place into the scene appears to be tracking well and the perspective looks spot on.

I would now like to have the 3D model accurately follow along with the moving object which is visible in the footage. Almost as if it is stuck to it.

So far the only way I can think to do this is by lining up the model and then key-framing it's position throughout the video.

Is there a better approach?

Thanks in advance!

• Sad 1

Cerbera    1,214

Not in R17. R18 has the object tracker, but anything before that... doesn't, so your current approach is the only option you have left...

CBR

TeamZissou    3
  • Topic Author
  • 54 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Not in R17. R18 has the object tracker, but anything before that... doesn't, so your current approach is the only option you have left...

CBR

Thanks for the quick response.

Ok, manual key-framing it is then.

Just a couple of questions with regards to that, is there a way to 'smooth out' keyframes or is it just a case of adding more between each?

Also is it possible to bring up a 'zoom' view of the 3d model in relation to the background footage without moving the camera? 

I really need to zoom in to pixel level to align the model to the footage but I'm struggling to figure out how to do that.

Thanks again

Cerbera    1,214
    1 minute ago, TeamZissou said:

Just a couple of questions

Oh my animation knowledge is pretty sketchy, so I'll have to leave those q's to someone who's good at it !

• Like 1