Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

Kaiko

Rearrange text .. aka anagram animation?

Kaiko    0

Hi Does anybody knows or has any idea how to make an anagram animation ( I mean without animating every letter separately ... by using effectors for example)? I´m trying to figure it out, but I dont have even a clue where to start :). Or does anybody knows, is there a plugin or a script for that kind of things? Even a hint would be well apritiated :)

Cheers!

Cerbera    1,017

This isn't exactly what you want, but it does lead the way, and let you know what can be done with effectors and motext...

So one way would be using 2 cloners, and falloffs to make your random word transition into your final word; ie one randomizes and scales down as the other one de-randomizes and scales up ? There will be other ways too - I'm sure our resident Mograph experts will want to chip in their ideas...

CBR

Kaiko    0

Thnx for your reply ... but Im afraid, this tutorial is a bit too basic for this case. Randomizing and scaling with effectors won´t work also, because the letters has to be visible at all times, they just have to change their position. For example, the word "Rasta Man" letters have to blow apart and then come back together as a word "Anagram" :)

But thanks for your suggsestsion anyway! ;)

3DKiwi    293

A manual way of doing this would be to spell your word out in individual letters (easily done by using a text spline and using the separate object option then making editable, hierarchial option on Extrude object as well). Animate the letters in their position, scrub the timeline then rearrange the letters and record a position keyframe. Now scrub back half way and use the Randomize tool to move the letters to some random position. Record a keyframe.

Here's what I mean. Really easy to do.

anagram.zip

Kaiko    0

yep .. manual way is allways an option. The thing is,  pretty soon I have to make tons of those animations at one night, so I hoped, that there would be faster way to make it.
But the randomize tool was a very good tip ... very handy tool ... thanks!