Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Cinema 4D Plugins

kitefly

Friendly Idea to expand cafe community

kitefly    16

hey guys im writing to you with a little idea, im new around here but I love this forum.  And theres so many great people here that I was thinking it would be great if as a community we could have some communication with the outside. 

So since we do lost of internal stuff here like challenges,  wip, models, renders ect I was thinking how about we start to curate an instagram gallery with the best from the cafe, to have some contact with the outside world, members could submit work by hashtag #c4dcafe or here maybe. 

This would be a way to grow a fan base for the community itself, we could post winners from out challenges and give them recognition, and maybe have our own cafe gallery that kicks ass. 

whats do you guys think of this ???

• Like 1

VECTOR    380
2 minutes ago, kitefly said:

hey guys im writing to you with a little idea, im new around here but I love this forum.  And theres so many great people here that I was thinking it would be great if as a community we could have some communication with the outside. 

So since we do lost of internal stuff here like challenges,  wip, models, renders ect I was thinking how about we start to curate an instagram gallery with the best from the cafe, to have some contact with the outside world, members could submit work by hashtag #c4dcafe or here maybe. 

This would be a way to grow a fan base for the community itself, we could post winners from out challenges and give them recognition, and maybe have our own cafe gallery that kicks ass. 

whats do you guys think of this ???

Yea awesome idea @Igor what do you think.

kitefly    16
  • Topic Author
  • oh sh**, it take a bit to refresh sometime and I clicked too much, sorry

Igor    467

Guys, you know I don't mind when a good idea is suggested, but its impossible for me to run everything by myself, I simply have too much already on my back, so if we can establish voting system and if someone is happy to take care of Instagram, I have no problem with it. :)

Fastbee    52

There could be a program for the forum software being used where users could submit or recommend a picture of the day and those pictures submitted or recommended would then get voted on by the other users of the cafe.  Picture of the day might be too often though.  Maybe have the render of the week voted on by people and whichever one has the most votes at the end of the week gets automatically posted on istagram.  I say this because it's something to keep in mind in case a program like this is run across.  You never know what might walk by your path.

Cerbera    1,202

Could someone tell me why Instagram is a good thing ? To me it looks awful - square only aspect ratio, and pics too small to be properly viewable and you have to log in to see anything. Kinda like the opposite of the rather nice gallery software we already have here !

Wouldn't we get a nicer result, and better quality images if we did the same thing but on somewhere like DeviantArt etc ? or even Twitter,  which has really good image settings now. Although of course someone's gotta Admin it, and poor @Igor doesn't need the hassle I'm sure... I'd offer if I didn't hate Instagram so much :)

CBR

Sure, but it wouldn't be a replacement for the gallery. Just a way to connect the forum to a social media platform that is at least aimed at sharing images. I don't use it myself, but certainly a lot of people do, and it might bring in more traffic to the forum. So I think the idea is good. I'm sure there are automated ways for certain forum content to be posted to an instagram account. Or someting like all the news posts get posted to a Twitter or Facebook account...stuff like that. (there seems to be a C4D Cafe Twitter account but it's unrelated to this forum as far as I can tell, and not really being used at all.)

VECTOR    380
    56 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Could someone tell me why Instagram is a good thing ? To me it looks awful - square only aspect ratio, and pics too small to be properly viewable and you have to log in to see anything. Kinda like the opposite of the rather nice gallery software we already have here !

Wouldn't we get a nicer result, and better quality images if we did the same thing but on somewhere like DeviantArt etc ? or even Twitter,  which has really good image settings now. Although of course someone's gotta Admin it, and poor @Igor doesn't need the hassle I'm sure... I'd offer if I didn't hate Instagram so much :)

I've got a deviant art account but I'm not sure it's really worth it, it's such a massive community on there it's hard to get anything noticed, I've also got an Instagram account for 3D and it's not that bad

56 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

DeCarlo    31

That is not how instagram works.  People could go ahead and start tagging images they post with #c4dcafe and anyone who searches that tag will see everything.  If you are suggesting that C4Dcafe create an account - know that Instagram is not designed to repost other people's images; someone running the C4Dcafe account would have to screen-capture or use hack software to download the original image, then repost it illegally.

I was asked to implement Instagram at a former job and the amount of effort it took to create the content (since it is not a reposting app) is immense.

• Like 1

Igor    467

We need to ask people to vote in the gallery and then once we are "taught" and voting becomes 2nd nature to all of us, we can do something like is. But someone will have to take care of it. :)