Rendercore Lab

jericsynrgy

R17: different FILTERS in vuports??

jericsynrgy    1

Is there a way to have different vuport FILTERS engaged in the different views?  In particular I'd prefer to have the PERSPECTIVE view to have a different set of UI elements than the orthogonal views.

Cerbera    1,211

Hmmm. No, don't think you can do that, those are global.

CBR

Abyss    19

The interesting is, you would think you could. if you look at the documentation it basically says you can.

In the viewport under options you can go to configure. 

Once there in the view tab you will see which selected view you are in.

then in the filter tab. you can right click on a parameter, for instance grid and make "make parameter local".

Which i figure would do as at it says. but for me its not working. 

Cerbera    1,211
13 minutes ago, Abyss said:

Which i figure would do as at it says. but for me its not working. 

Interestingly, that does work in R19, but I don't remember it doing so in earlier versions.

Abyss    19
Just now, Cerbera said:

Interestingly, that does work in R19, but I don't remember it doing so in earlier versions.

It seems to me after looking at a few things. That making a parameter local is actually referring to the local document and global document. not different views, which i figured at first.

If you have 3 documents open and you turn off a filter. Grid for example. Then in the other documents the grid is gone as well. Making the parameter local will fix that.

But yeah apparently nothing to do with the different views.

Cerbera    1,211
46 minutes ago, Abyss said:

But yeah apparently nothing to do with the different views.

Maybe it's different in 19. For me that definitely does refer to and works with the viewports to allow stuff active in one view and not in others. But it also does what you describe in other documents  - maybe they changed it to address both functions ?

CBR

Abyss    19
37 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Maybe it's different in 19. For me that definitely does refer to and and works with the viewports to allow stuff active in one view and not in others. But it also does what you describe in other documents  - maybe they changed it to address both functions ?

CBR

Could be. Unless its working for other people too in older versions. Then it means its just not working on mine. Maybe I have some setting overwriting it. Or perhaps they did indeed change it. 

briankoko    3

I was wondering about this today as well. Say would it be possible to have the 'axis' visible in one window and hidden in another?

Cerbera    1,211
8 minutes ago, briankoko said:

I was wondering about this today as well. Say would it be possible to have the 'axis' visible in one window and hidden in another?

Depends which axis you mean :) Only world axis is in the view menu, so standard object or modelling axes are always there regardless of viewport and only turn-off-able globally using Alt-D.

CBR

Abyss    19
9 minutes ago, briankoko said:

well yeah. thats been the discussion. 

You would have to go into Options - configure. And then make the specific axis filter local.

If that works for what you want then it does.

I am pretty sure making it local is your only chance. and thats where the setting is found. in the viewport - options - configure and then the filter tab - right click any filter and make it local.

briankoko    3

Thank you for the suggestions, seems like the modeling axes can only be turned off globally across all your viewports and not visible in just one or two viewport and hidden in others. 

14 minutes ago, Cerbera said:

Depends which axis you mean :) Only world axis is in the view menu, so standard object or modelling axes are always there regardless of viewport and only turn-off-able globally using Alt-D.

CBR

Screen Shot 2017-09-13 at 11.50.17 AM.png