Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 

Vivimagic

Softbody Deforming and losing body shape

Vivimagic    0

Hi, I am currently having major problems regarding softbody dynamics and I am struggling to sort it out. 
I have some objects which I have created from cubes. When I run the simulation they are very slow and lose there shape very quickly. 
I have tried increasing structure to 6000 to changing the collision shape to moving mesh. 

Hope someone can help. 

Cheers,

Ashley 

Pop Explosion.c4d

westbam    37

I don't see cubes, I see spheres. Can you just isolate the part that is failing (copy to new file) and upload that?

You know this tutorial from GSG? Think you need to add some stiffness to retain a shape, but the whole file is soo slow on my PC I can not really test it.

• Like 1

Vivimagic    0
  • Topic Author
  • On 13/09/2017 at 1:56 PM, westbam said:

I don't see cubes, I see spheres. Can you just isolate the part that is failing (copy to new file) and upload that?

You know this tutorial from GSG? Think you need to add some stiffness to retain a shape, but the whole file is soo slow on my PC I can not really test it.

Hi thank you for your reply. You have helped me find out what it was. Cleaning up my scene made the simulation a lot faster. It was the Back Up null which contained items which had a redundant soft body tags. For some reason even if it was off in the Layer editor it was still doing the simulations, which slowed it down.

Thank you for your help. I have uploaded the file without the back up null for proof of concept. 

Pop Explosion_update.c4d