Jump to content

Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. 



jed

Putting the cart before the horse

Recommended Posts

jed    213

A recent cafe thread about automatic anagram animation got the old grey matter ticking, and here's the current WIP. Might amuse somebody -

 

 

Python scene file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvqtmxjmzbukjkm/carthorse.c4d?dl=1

 

edit : file needs monospace font such as Courier New - I used Consolas.

Edited by jed
font info
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Abyss    19
50 minutes ago, jed said:

A recent cafe thread about automatic anagram animation got the old grey matter ticking, and here's the current WIP. Might amuse somebody -

 

 

Python scene file

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvqtmxjmzbukjkm/carthorse.c4d?dl=1

Nice job Jed.

love all your python stuff. 

 

Have been recently trying to learn it myself and its definitely so much fun and its interesting to be able to create things in Python.

Its just a shame there is so little information out there. There are only a handful of people actually utilizing python in cinema it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
jed    213
  • Topic Author
  • 23 minutes ago, Abyss said:

    Have been recently trying to learn it myself and its definitely so much fun and its interesting to be able to create things in Python.

    Its just a shame there is so little information out there. There are only a handful of people actually utilizing python in cinema it seems.

    I agree - there's a ton of Python tutorials on YouTube, but the hard part is interfacing it with C4D. I find the official C4D Python SDK extremely difficult, so I tend to grab little bits of code from stuff I don't really understand in posts here, CG Society and the plugin site.

     

    I guess one plus point is - ordinary programmers just get to (mainly) crunch numbers, whereas we get to move stuff around.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    Abyss    19
    50 minutes ago, jed said:

    I agree - there's a ton of Python tutorials on YouTube, but the hard part is interfacing it with C4D. I find the official C4D Python SDK extremely difficult, so I tend to grab little bits of code from stuff I don't really understand in posts here, CG Society and the plugin site.

     

    I guess one plus point is - ordinary programmers just get to (mainly) crunch numbers, whereas we get to move stuff around.

    Yeah I have done a lot of python tutorials and I feel I get most ofi t at this point. Well all the basics. Ive completed codeacademy and a lot more. But when you hop over to python for C4D. 90% of all that python knowledge is almost lost. well lets just say 70%. It feels knowing the C4D SDK documention and how it all works is about 70% and then all the python functions and syntaxes is only about 30%. If you want to change anything in C4D you really need to know where to look in the different c4d modules and which part and which function etc. 

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    jed    213
  • Topic Author
  • @Abyss integer division in C4D Python caught me out once. Cinema is still on Python 2.7 where 3/2 = 1 not 1.5 (fixed in v3). I was doing some stuff that used current frame in the math - and it gave all the wrong results. Wasted half a day sorting that one out. Since then I always enter constants as 25.0 etc.

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    bentraje    83

    This animation reminds of that Harry Potter where Voldemort changes to Tom Riddle. Thanks for sharing!

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites
    jed    213
  • Topic Author
  • Thanks for the comments. Here's another example - has more permutations, uses MS Gothic font. I think that's enough anagrams for a while.

     

     

    Share this post


    Link to post
    Share on other sites

    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now

    • Recently Browsing   0 members

      No registered users viewing this page.

    ×