Hey guys, check out new PolyGnome tool for Cinema 4D from our long-time member C4DS. You can find PolyGnome in our Store and we hope you like it!! :cowboypistol:

CApruzzese

Xparticles 4 release date

Cerbera    1,017
47 minutes ago, Zmotive said:

You mean for first-time buyers or upgrade customers too? Did they mention something to you? First I've heard that.

No, that special offer is for existing users only. It's in the news page above in this thread (by @Greatszalam).

CBR

16 hours ago, Stephano said:

I went through the same process, bought it, played with it, watched all the video manual, upgraded it and then waited for a project to actually use it. I decided that I wasn't waiting anymore, so I developed a little project based training system on my own. It works really well  and is simple to recreate once you have base understanding of how XP works.  

I saw these beautiful graphics on Insydiums  main site  http://insydium.uk/x-particles/ and decided to recreate them.  Every element you need, to do it , is in the graphic or accompanying text. (explanation of what it does and the settings that achieved the look) I found by recreating the effect, it informed much of my missing XP  information and led me to new areas of investigation (for example Cycles 4D) that really broadened my understanding of both Cycles and XP 

They are short and can be recreated while you are waiting for a render or in my case riding a train. Try it, see if it works for you!

BTW: I'm really impressed with Insydiums approach to online training. I do corporate training for a living so I recognize strong instructional design when I see it. 

Yeah man, that sounds good.
I guess it's also just a matter of available time and priorities. I don't really use c4d much for work so it's more a hobby thing. But last couple of months I've been getting into it more again but focusing more on modelling. But I also wanna learn about particles, external renderers, texturing/painting, voronoi fracturing etc etc! :D So much stuff to learn. So I just need to set aside some time and dive into the available material.

Zmotive    48
9 hours ago, Cerbera said:

No, that special offer is for existing users only. It's in the news page above in this thread (by @Greatszalam).

CBR

Yep I see it now. Missed this bit the first time I read through it:

At the beginning of October, our existing customers who purchased X-Particles before now will receive an email from INSYDIUM with an exclusive offer to upgrade.