Hey

please be considerate and disable AD blocker when you are on the C4D Cafe, because it helps us run this forum. We minimalized showing of the AD's all across the forums, so please, be so kind and at least help us by having AD blocker turned off. :cowboypistol:

Rendercore Lab

Check out premium "TD Master Section" training classes in Clubs section  and STORE!

mcdeimon

How add eye balls to a Mixamo Character

mcdeimon    1

Hi!!!

I want to add eyes balls to a mixamo character so I can move them. I have cut the mesh and placed two spheres in the holes but when I use the retarget tag the eyes do not follow the body. How can I attach the eyes to the body and be able to rotate them separately.

Thanks!!!

Rectro    497

Hi

Regardless of the re targeting, you need to weight the eyes to the head bone if you do not want to move the eye balls via joints.  You need to add both eyes if separate to a null.  Add a skin tag to the null above the eye balls, and add a weight tag to each eye.  In the weight tag add the head joints, then weight the eyes 100% to the eye meshes.  You can also use constraints.  If you need more details of the steps let me know.

Dan

mcdeimon    1

Thank you very much Dan!!! I try it but I have not done it well. Can you tell me more details?

1.jpg

3.jpg

Rectro    497

Yea sure.  Il record a quick video, its quicker.  Be back in 25min or so. 

I couldn't record voice as too much background noise.

Dan

• Like 2

mcdeimon    1

Thanks Dan!!! You are the best!!!

Rectro    497

Your welcome.  

If you wanted to add bones to the eyes then then I can show you this if needed.  Here is a example eye rig with bones.  Im uploading a video on how to set that up soon, my laptop is slow.

Check your PM.

Dan

eye rig.c4d

mcdeimon    1

Hi Dan!!!

With the first technique is it possible to move the eyes then individually? When I open the "weight manager" and press "Apply to all" the eyes are fixed but then I can not move them to make them look to the sides.

Than you!!!

Rectro    497
6 hours ago, mcdeimon said:

Hi Dan!!!

With the first technique is it possible to move the eyes then individually? When I open the "weight manager" and press "Apply to all" the eyes are fixed but then I can not move them to make them look to the sides.

Than you!!!

The first method is a quick way to get the eyes following the head, but wont allow eye movement. The video I  sent you in your message box is how to use bones  for a eye rig to move them.  As you can see in second video its about using Nulls as controllers, and constraints putting things in the correct hierarchy.  If you wanted to make it more simple you could just add the bones to eyes first selecting the head bone, then weight the eyes to the eye bones, but you wont have the same control such as the rig I showed such as using a aim target to position the eyes both at the same time.

I hope in the near future MAXON modify or make a new set up to allow their full IK/FK character tool rig to work with retargetting, for this I use MODO as it does.  As it stands is its either manualy animate or use mocap and loose the nice control rig.

Dan 

Visionnext    66
14 hours ago, Rectro said:

Yea sure.  Il record a quick video, its quicker.  Be back in 25min or so. 

I couldn't record voice as too much background noise.

Dan

I'm amazed how fast you can make such a video. Great job!

Rectro    497
Just now, Visionnext said:

I'm amazed how fast you can make such a video. Great job!

Thanks, I make videos all the time, 1000s that I havent published because I use this to help me learn.  If iv learnt something new, I record it into a video blog for myself.  In doing that I retain information because when you teach you have to know the subject well enough do explain it and show it.  In recording my sessions it shows me where I havent quite understood a whole process. To make a video so quick I have to do it with knowing that I know the subject well enough to not spend hours editing it, that dont always go to plan, but does most times.  Im quite a analytical person so that helps.

Dan

• Namaste 1

Visionnext    66
5 hours ago, Rectro said:

Thanks, I make videos all the time, 1000s that I havent published because I use this to help me learn.  If iv learnt something new, I record it into a video blog for myself.  In doing that I retain information because when you teach you have to know the subject well enough do explain it and show it.  In recording my sessions it shows me where I havent quite understood a whole process. To make a video so quick I have to do it with knowing that I know the subject well enough to not spend hours editing it, that dont always go to plan, but does most times.  Im quite a analytical person so that helps.

Dan

I am not that different. Sometimes too analytic and then I don't get forward and lost in details. I do create Docs/PDFs though. This helps me to understand things. I may start doing videos in future though...

I already got a lot of ideas from your videos, so I really want to thank you here and maybe one day I can tell you something new and valuable :geek:

• Like 1