Jump to content

SpasticMouse

Regular Member
  • Content Count

    3
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

2 Noble Beginner

Profile Information

  • First Name
    Cody
  • Last Name
    Setchfield
  • Location
    Atlanta
  • Website URL
    https://www.patreon.com/SpasticMouse

Cinema 4D Information

  • C4D Version
    R21

Hardware Information

  • CPU/GPU
    Ryzen 5 1600 / RTX 2080 Overclocked
  1. Learn how to create a "Real 3D Hologram" by utilizing the Split Depth Optical Illusion Effect. The "Split Depth Effect" is where you perceive 3-Dimensional movement on a 2-Dimensional surface, without any external trickery, or without the aid of things like 3D glasses. This effect is entirely perceptible with the naked eye. This effect works great as VJ loops for live shows, concerts, and events. Especially when the animation is played on large surfaces, like large LED Walls/installations, and Projection Mapped Surfaces. Here are some more generalized examples of the split depth effect and how it can emulate 3D movement. However, instead of using intersecting bars, we will be utilizing the entire frame of our scene to achieve this effect.
  2. Hey guys, I'm really puzzled by this. I've done this exact workflow so many times now already, but for some reason it's just not working this time around. I've got a custom preset library made with an xpresso controller inside of it, and that controller has a custom "Set Preview" thumbnail on it. It works fine when I set it, but when I brought that same .lib4d file over to another version of Cinema, the thumbnail didn't carry over, and it just shows a blank cinema viewport as the thumbnail instead. I've even tried installing the .lib4d in both the Appdata library directory as well to see if that'd fix it, but it didn't. Resizing the thumbnail image didn't change anything either. (I thought maybe file size could be a culprit) If anyone has any tips or suggestions, that would be amazing, as this is a product I'm working on and this issue is causing a release delay for it. Thanks! (I've included some images of what's going on. The one with the blue car paint is the content browser where I made this preset library in R21, and the one without the blue car paint is where the same library preset is not working in R19. Again, I've done this exact process before on these 2 versions in the past, now all of a sudden it's not working) SOLVED After soooo many different ways of saving it and transferring it, the only way I found it to work, was by Clicking on the Null Controller, go to "File" in the object manager, and click on "Save Object as Preset", then copy it out of the user presets directory in the content browser, and into a new custom library
×
×
  • Create New...