Jump to content

Hey, you need a renderfarm? If that's the case, make sure you check this topic for more info! 


sneather

Cafe Oldtimer
  • Content count

    913
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

1 Poor

About sneather

  • Rank
    Respected community member.

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
    http://

Profile Information

  • First Name
    Snea
  • Last Name
    Ther
  • C4D Ver
    19.053 Studio
  • Location
    USA

Recent Profile Visitors

1,867 profile views
  1. Help with nasty seams...

    Yeah, they show. Particularly, because the rest of that object is comprised mostly of high-polished materials, so it really catches the light (in a bad way).
  2. Help with nasty seams...

    Thanks for having a go at that. Unfortunately, I really can't fix the surface geometry. The full CAD files are far too complicated, and the majority of those kinds of issues arise, because there are complex neighboring geometry involved. So, if I replace one piece, then I'd be chasing that around the model, replacing each neighboring surface, etc. That's why I was hoping to find more of a shading solution, more on the back end. That way, I could just target what I need, and leave the rest.
  3. The attached project is just one small panel, from a much larger client CAD model. Is there any normals trick (plugin or otherwise) which could help me smooth out the pinched seams in the otherwise smooth surface? This is a major issue I face, quite regularly, so I'm looking to find a way to reduce or eliminate the problem. Thank you. problem seams.c4d.zip
  4. Here's a very simple iteration of my project, with the output settings left, as-is. Thanks! AA Render Issue.c4d.zip
  5. Let me see about posting a modified project file. Right now, it's all client product CAD, so I need to strip that out first.
  6. I'm using R19, and trying to get some clean test renders using the updated Hardware OpenGL render options. I'm utilizing the full 8 for AA, and as much as 5x5 Supersampling. The interior shapes and edges of my objects look nice. However, no matter what I try, I seem to be getting no AA on the edges of my alphas. It's also a little hard to know what else may be going on, because the render encoding options have changed since R17 (my prior version) - and it seems like they have stripped away tons of options for file-format. Example: When I render to my usual ProRes 4444 for preview purposes, with a straight+ alpha, Cinema STILL renders a separate alpha! Odd. It never did such with R17 or prior. Can anyone suggest what I might want to look at in order to solve these issues? Thanks!
  7. Oh, this shows promise! Thanks. I need to spend a few minutes, carefully looking at what you have set, to see if it really is that easily transferrable, to one of my more complex work scenes. But sure looks like it may.
  8. Hey, thanks so much for taking a stab at this. Unfortunately, this approach won't begin to solve my (real) issues when it comes to working with complex imported CAD. That's what this ultimately is for - so I can improve the efficiency of some of my client product work. As it stands now, I tend to have to render multiple passes with S&T, just to try and approximate the effect of non S&T objects properly interacting with S&T objects.
  9. Please see the simple attached project file. I'm trying to figure out a way to create a "knock-out" matte, within the S&T material environment. In my example scene, the Platonic shape has a basic wireframe-type S&T material applied. Within that shape, is a black cube. I'd like for that cube to obscure the S&T lines which fall behind it. Can someone please help? Thanks. S&T Issue.c4d
  10. Can't Add Material to Bevel on Boole...

    Thanks for testing that there. It seems that R19 is able to solve my initial problem, with the native Cinema tools. However, I'm curious what further experience you have with MeshBoolean? How does it handle really tough things, like imported CAD .OBJ files? The MeshBoolean video demos only show it working with easy primitives. But they never show it being used on a nasty ol' bit of tri-poly goodness...
  11. Can't Add Material to Bevel on Boole...

    Yeah, I don't know. Pretty sure I bought that (or something just like it) years back, only to find that it was no better or more reliable, than just using the native boole tools.
  12. Can't Add Material to Bevel on Boole...

    Interesting. Thanks, for also having a look. Keep us posted, when you get time to investigate further.
  13. Can't Add Material to Bevel on Boole...

    It's odd that there would be a difference even down in R17. I can't find any mention of changes to the boole nor bevel deformer in either R18 or R19. The options for both seem to be identical in R17 & R19. But who knows what may have been tweaked in the intervening years...
  14. Can't Add Material to Bevel on Boole...

    My R19 Studio is the current .053 build. I'm Mac 10.9.5.
  15. Can't Add Material to Bevel on Boole...

    Okay, so I had tried MY original example project in both R17 & R19 - and the results had been the same. But I only tried YOUR fix in R17. So I just tried it in R19, and it looks like yours! I'm going to have to open your file in both versions, simultaneously, and scrutinize the exact differences.

×